• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubing Club Ideas and Discussion

ianography

WCA
2009BOUR01
I think that it would also be a smart idea to tell people about different kinds of places on the internet that are full of cubers (forums, groups, etc.) while slyly not giving out specific examples. That way, they will know that they won't be loners if they really get into it, and also so that there won't be a bunch of accounts and stupid posts if there are people that come on here and will just quit in a month.

Hopefully that made sense.

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that it would also be a smart idea to tell people about different kinds of places on the internet that are full of cubers (forums, groups, etc.) while slyly not giving out specific examples. That way, they will know that they won't be loners if they really get into it, and also so that there won't be a bunch of accounts and stupid posts if there are people that come on here and will just quit in a month.

Hopefully that made sense.

It sorta made sense.

Also, I have a website domain that I could always use for the club!!! But I really don't know much other than some HTML and extremely basic CSS. Oh, and it's a WordPress site.
My brother, who does lots of programming, bought the domain for me.

http://cubists.org/

Nothing on it, but an intro I made a while ago, about what I was planning on doing with the site. Ideas/help/suggestions?

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I know this is off topic, but would anyone be interested in building cubists.org with me? I have a lot of ideas, and a domain, just very limited programming knowledge. Just an idea of course.

Thanks for the contributive posts ^^^ /sarcasm

Do you guys think that the teachers would allow me to lube some cubes? I mean, some lubes would be very suspicous if you know what i mean...

Thx!

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Maybe. What lubes are you (planning on) bringing?

Probably lubix (since its officially non toxic, and its made specifically for speedcubing), probably not shock oil or even izolube. Maybe maru, but i dont wanna waste it... I also doubt ill do CRC. So, i think i may do a dab of lubix for the cubes that the kids actually order, but probably not the rubiks brands...

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
Do you guys think that the teachers would allow me to lube some cubes? I mean, some lubes would be very suspicous if you know what i mean...

Thx!

I brought my whole can of crc and people didn't really care. I think as long as you don't bring enough stuff to make a bomb or a syringe with a needle it's ok. For me, the teachers didn't even care. They were glad I lubed their cube for them because it turned so much better (rubik's brands, what did you expect?).

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The first club day will be on Wednesday (Eight days, not tomorrow), and I think there will be estimated about 20-25 people! I solved in front of the Gifted/Challenge class today, and had an epic fail. First of all, the cube was Rubik's Brand, and although lubed, it sucked. Plus, when I came to OLL... Edge was switched. I had to take it out, and flip it in front of over 30 kids :fp since I don't know full oll yet, I did two look, and realized that a corner was also flipped... Then PLL :fp Two edges needed to be flipped...

I tried another cube that was so extremely slow, it probably tripled/quadrupled my time, from what it should have been. So ya...

Oh, and my teacher said it'd probably be fine to bring in CRC and/or lubix =D

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ooh, nice. My maths teacher asked me to talk to the class about the Rubik's cube today (coincidence?), because it was after our maths exam, and I briefly explained Roux and did a 10 second solve followed by two 14s lol so at least I didn't fail either :)

Hope your club goes well :D

I know this is off topic, but would anyone be interested in building cubists.org with me? I have a lot of ideas, and a domain, just very limited programming knowledge. Just an idea of course.

Thanks for the contributive posts ^^^ /sarcasm

Thx!

A bit late but yes I can help you if you still need help. I'm not much of a HTML programmer though, but I do a lot of java for stuff so I think it's at least a bit similar.

Last edited:

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ooh, nice. My maths teacher asked me to talk to the class about the Rubik's cube today (coincidence?), because it was after our maths exam, and I briefly explained Roux and did a 10 second solve followed by two 14s lol so at least I didn't fail either :)

Hope your club goes well :D

A bit late but yes I can help you if you still need help. I'm not much of a HTML programmer though, but I do a lot of java for stuff so I think it's at least a bit similar.

Dont u just love coincidences? Ur much faster than me though...

Its not late at all. In fact, I may make a thread about it. I can make it a purely community made website. So Id love all the help I can get if u wanna help. Isnt java for video games and stuff? Or r u talking about javascript? Or am i completely wrong about everything!??

cubernya

Premium Member
I know lots of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. I can't do anything extremely complicated, but will do some basics (such as copying the Heise sim)