• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Labs Premium Cubes

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Has anyone tried their Wuque M? I'm too lazy to make my own 4x4 M, but I'm worried that cubicle versions of magnetic cubes are too strong for my preference. I hope they can post some statistics (not necessarily the strengh and size of magnets as that would be trade secret, but something more general like the pull between pieces) so I can compare between their cubes.
The force from the magnets in the WuQue M feels stronger than in my Gans Air UM, but not too strong. I'd say they're a good medium.

jaredye

The force from the magnets in the WuQue M feels stronger than in my Gans Air UM, but not too strong. I'd say they're a good medium.
That's too bad, because even Gans Air UM is a bit too strong for me. I hope they can make a lite (or even a customizable) version for the Wuque M.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
That's too bad, because even Gans Air UM is a bit too strong for me. I hope they can make a lite (or even a customizable) version for the Wuque M.
I think the effect of the strength changes with the order of the cube. Slightly stronger feels right on 4x4 because the cube is more sensitive to alignment and it takes a bit more force to turn anyway, I think what would be considered medium/weak on 3x3 would be too weak on 4x4.

Sion

Your working with the labs? @4Chan, what is the design proposal @Sion is proposing?

Only our dev team (labs isn't involved with it) knows about the specifics, but it's a special corner and edge division strategy that will end up making magnets customizable.

I would've been glad to work with @4Chan, but they already are working with other people.

cashis

How long should I wait in the processing stage before I should be concerned? I ordered a XingHen M 2x2 nearly 2 weeks ago, and i'm just curious what the normal wait is for it to ship.

xyzzy

Ordered an Wuque M two weeks ago, arrived a few hours ago… and one of the wings is missing a magnet. Pretty disappointing, especially since I don't feel like waiting two more weeks for a replacement piece (or maybe replacement pieces—I haven't checked every piece yet) to arrive.

E: Yup, it's missing two magnets.

E2: Meanwhile, the GTS2M has somewhat sloppy magnet placement and there's glue where there shouldn't be, on multiple pieces. What the hell?

Last edited:

Neuro

@4Chan I'm wanting to make a magnetic 3x3 that has a subtle feeling and I'm trying to see what an acceptable gauss level would be. If I position them in a similar manner to the way you do (more to the outside rather than toward the core) would a pull force of 5000 be acceptable? Most of the puzzles I've seen are about 5300-5400 for "normal" strength. Going to be doing a lot of M slices so I need lowish magnetic pull :)

TLDR; What gauss level should people look for to make a subtle feel on a 3x3

Last edited: