• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubicle Labs Premium Cubes

One Wheel

WCA
2016BAIR04
There's like, inner parts of plastic, just like One Wheel mentioned.

Some of the pieces aren't conducive to magnets, so.. there are some tricks involved ;)

Would you (or anybody else) be able to post pictures of the internals of the pieces for the Wuji and Huanglong? No need to show what your tricks are, I'd just like to figure out what they might be for myself.

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think I'm too busy to do it, but I hope someone does! (I don't do big cubes, so I don't own them)

The Huanglong is a toughie, those caps are a nightmare.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
The Huanglong is a toughie, those caps are a nightmare.
You can say that again.
Do you know how they're held on? I've been trying to take some caps off, but it's like they're glued or something. I find it hard to believe this is just a pressure fit.

EDIT: Yeah, they are. Guess I'll be gluing them back on (looks like it's just crazy glue or something).
I guess that explains the issue people have been having with caps falling off. The edge and corner caps are glued, so they don't have much in the way of a pressure fit in the event the glue fails (or doesn't exist in the first place).

Sion

You'll probably need strong magnets in the corners and edges, and skip the centers. But yet again, since it's a larger layer, I doubt it would provide much from the weight of the layers. You'll probably need to create a magnetic push system along with the standard placements internally if you want an effective 7x7. It will probably only be good in lighter 7x7s, potentially budget exclusive, but cost somewhere in the 100 dollar range.

Dash Lambda

WCA
2016SCHU05
Would you (or anybody else) be able to post pictures of the internals of the pieces for the Wuji and Huanglong? No need to show what your tricks are, I'd just like to figure out what they might be for myself.
So, I've taken two caps off a Huanglong, as well as looked at a bunch of the marketing stuff where they show the mech, and what I've gathered is that the edge and corner pieces are essentially hollow with a divider down the middle (along the plane where the components of a split-piece would join), and the corners have a well in the middle with anchors on the center of both inner faces of its given section. There's not a lot of internal structure at all, and the pieces actually look quite roomy.
I'm not gonna bother with pictures, since the pieces I have open are literally just hollow.

You'll have to glue the caps back on after magnetizing it, but you're gluing stuff anyway so that shouldn't be a problem. I'm not sure how you'd take the corner caps off without doing damage, though, since it feels like the center stalk is glued in the well.

JTcuber

WCA
2016TARN01
Hey @4Chan , what's up with the new Silk rerelease? I thought you couldn't get the ingredient from the shady foreign suppliers? Did you figure out a replacement ingredient, or get a new source of it?

There's like, inner parts of plastic, just like One Wheel mentioned.

Some of the pieces aren't conducive to magnets, so.. there are some tricks involved ;)
Doesn't all plastic work with magnets?

Hey @4Chan , what's up with the new Silk rerelease? I thought you couldn't get the ingredient from the shady foreign suppliers? Did you figure out a replacement ingredient, or get a new source of it?
I was wondering that as well.

gavinz

WCA
2017MOON04
Speedcubeshop has released out lined stickers. Wondering if you could make them.

I was also wondering if it is possible to use dye or something and colour the space inside the sticker an outlined sticker so you could make a stickerless black-bordered cube.

Rcuber123

WCA
2014TAMI01
Try using superglue.

История всего доселе существующего общества - это история классовой борьбы. Коммунизм стремится ликвидировать это, создавая утопическое общество, где все равны. Да здравствует Ленин. Да здравствует Сталин. Да здравствует Советский Союз.
Srsly? This forum is in English.
I think there is a Russian forum tho

M

Malkom

Try using superglue.

История всего доселе существующего общества - это история классовой борьбы. Коммунизм стремится ликвидировать это, создавая утопическое общество, где все равны. Да здравствует Ленин. Да здравствует Сталин. Да здравствует Советский Союз.
communist propaganda lol

jaredye

Has anyone tried their Wuque M? I'm too lazy to make my own 4x4 M, but I'm worried that cubicle versions of magnetic cubes are too strong for my preference. I hope they can post some statistics (not necessarily the strengh and size of magnets as that would be trade secret, but something more general like the pull between pieces) so I can compare between their cubes.