• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CubeTimer for iOS 2.0

IngeneroiOS

YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi everyone,

We've just launched CubeTimer 2.0, and it really is a whole new app. We've rewritten and rebuilt it from the ground up to make it faster and more stable while simultaneously adding a host of new features. It's free to existing owners of CubeTimer.

One of these features is a random-state 3x3 scrambler, the source code for which and all our other scramblers I've attached to this post. Anyone else is welcome to use this code and save themselves the porting headaches we endured trying to translate from someone else's Java and Javascript code to Objective-C. The resultant code is undeniably messy, but it's fast and works well.

The other main features we've added include:

• WCA mode. Basically, this is a mode designed to be as close as possible to competition solving. In it, you double tap to start the countdown, and then use the device like a stackmat to start the timer. You can draw a cross on the screen to delete your most recent time (or to bring up a popup with +2 and DNF options).

• New Statistics view – there are a bunch of new statistics which you can scroll through like the home screen on your device. You can tap on the graph to bring up a large graph showing your last five, eight, twelve, fifty or hundred times for each solve type. You can also skim across the graph and view the exact time and date for each data point.

• Custom Solve Types – mainly added so that we had a way to record cube tower solves. You can add your own solve types by swiping to the left, past 2x2.

• Further customisation options – it's now easier to choose your own colour schemes, and the background is a gradient rather than a solid colour.

• Improved session management

• Various new settings, such as having the newest times display at the top and hiding the time while you're solving.

To celebrate its release, we're giving away ten copies of the app here. I've attached a text file to this post with ten promo codes, which you can enter into iTunes to get a free copy of the app. Once you've redeemed a code, please post the code here in a reply so other people can know it's been used.
EDIT: And that's all of them. If you missed out, the app is US$1.99 on the App Store.

Post any questions or feedback in a reply; we'll be checking back regularly. We hope you like the app!

Link: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cubetimer/id453618840?ls=1&mt=8

Scramblers Code: https://bitbucket.org/IngeneroiOS/cubetimer-scramblers

mzl.kmsxkmel.320x480-75.jpg
mzl.dcnqtqrw.480x480-75.jpg

Attachments

• mzl.kmsxkmel.320x480-75.jpg
    mzl.kmsxkmel.320x480-75.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 34
  • mzl.dcnqtqrw.480x480-75.jpg
    mzl.dcnqtqrw.480x480-75.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited by a moderator:

IngeneroiOS

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've only had one square-1 scramble that actually works... :/

Okay, then we need to fix that. What's the issue with the scrambles? And what device/OS version are you running CubeTimer off? The code is entirely based off the WCA scrambler, and none of our team actually has a Square-1 to test off. Let me know what the issue is and I'll try to figure out a solution.

EDIT: Actually, do you mean the ellipses (…)? If so, then just tap on the scramble to view it in full.

Last edited: