• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cubeast - a speedcubing timer for Bluetooth cubes with support for all Bluetooth cubes, all timers and all major solving methods

HoshiYamazaki

I haven't been able to connect my gan i v2 with the website (on mac) or via bluefy on iphone for ages now.

the cube works with the cubestation app so i think its something to do with cubeast not my cube. it used to work before.

Any other mac/iOS users having difficulties

Sorry for late reply, but pretty much majority of wireless card with bluetooth support have problems with connection range, and I expect there can be problem with some really old of those in aged macs, and not really only.
For me connecting the cube works but I built custom Hackintosh which has PCIe wireless card inside.

Interesting, I have now the PCI-e Fenvi AX200ngw (magnetic antenna version)
Since I use windows it was the best pick for me, and it have been working flawlessly until now.
Hope it solves your issues too :D

Yeah, it works by now, connectivy range is only little bad, but I was testing it like half year ago. Maybe I will test it again since software updates can really fix these stuff.

Can you make it so that the cube is rotated to put the cross that you are solving in the solve on the bottom so you can see what you are doing later better

Last edited:

kubesolver

Premium Member
Can you make it so that th cube is rotated to put the cross that you are solving in the solve on the bottom so you can see what you are doing later better

That would be cool. And I would really love it. I am battliing with a friend frequently and we share each other screens and it is not a great spectator experience if they are doing LL on the B side.

My guess would be that the problem is in cubeast not preforming this kind of analysis on the client side during the solve but only after the solve is done on the server.

WCA
2016DRIS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ngl, i have been doing really well with my smart cube, i use the gan i and after using cube beast for about 500 solves, i actually do the best on my smart cube, i have gotten two 10 second solves and a 12 sec average of 5 with a bunch of 14 and 13 ao5s

I cant wait to see where this software goes, but if i have to say anything bad, it is that i dont always want the solve to start right after scrambling. and i think you should add a normal 3x3 solving section/option.

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I use cubeast now for some months. Mostly in the later evening with some chillout music, practicing "screen only" solves with Rubik's Connected. But now, since I have the Gan i2, also for speedsolves.

Now I tried to track my (Old Pochmann) 3x3 blindfolded solves for the forums' weekly competition with my Gan i2. I hope that it helps me to find my mistakes. I do the official timing here on the website, but to make Cubeast start counting at the memo phase, I start with turning U4.

With help of some friends I found out how to use custom (external) scrambles. Btw: I guess this is much easier to find in Giiker Supercube app, but once I understood it I now come along well with this "hidden feature" in Cubeast.

Today I had a DNF (3 edges not solved). So I could not stop the cubeast timer after my 3bld attempt. First I had to solve the cube (with setup and u-perm). It would be great to have a DNF button in Cubeast (at least for custom scrambles) that stops and saves a DNF solve.

Thank you for Cubeast and spending so much energy in it.

Roland

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi again, a second suggestion, not so important as the DNF button. :)

The mobile view is a mess at the bottom of the screen. The field with the last and best Singles and Averages mixes with the CFOP step diagram. The times fileld is transparent above the diagram, but if I scroll then it's not transparent above the cube animation and the lower elements. I have a screenshot attached that shows it.

And a little little 3rd suggestion: Maybe the field "copy scramble to clipboard" has enough room to show the name of the current session, too? Many times I forget to switch between my sessions for "screen only", for "speedsolving" and for "3bld".
Maybe that is only an old mans problem ;-) but Twisty Timer also became more adorable after showing the category name right under the event name...

Roland

1621858215305.png 1621859330615.png

cubeast

Now I tried to track my (Old Pochmann) 3x3 blindfolded solves for the forums' weekly competition with my Gan i2. I hope that it helps me to find my mistakes. I do the official timing here on the website, but to make Cubeast start counting at the memo phase, I start with turning U4.

Yeah, Cubeast is not optimized for BLD for now at all. Sorry about that.

cubeast

I don't want you to optimize it for BLD, but only to give us a DNF button.

I'll add the DNF button soon.

The mobile view is a mess at the bottom of the screen. The field with the last and best Singles and Averages mixes with the CFOP step diagram. The times fileld is transparent above the diagram, but if I scroll then it's not transparent above the cube animation and the lower elements. I have a screenshot attached that shows it.

Thanks! I'll add it to the todo list.

freshcuber.de

WCA
2016FRIS02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi, I made my next 3bld attempt, unfortunately it was dnf. How can I make cubeast stop and save the solve even when it was dnf? I tried to go to "Log" and the timer stopped, but the solve was not saved. Is there a chance to save dnf solves, even before you add the DNF button?