• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Competition for the fastest OLL-1 execution in cubeast

kubesolver

Premium Member
Inspired by recent development in algs and cubeast I am running a competition to promote good OLL-1 algs and cubeast.com.

The rules are simple:
- post a link to a cubeast solve with CFOP method and OLL-1 as an OLL case.
Only execution time matters, as measured by cubeast. Can be fake scramble but OLL cannot be the first step of the solve. Here is my submission (1.08s) https://cbst.link/s/rDVSux4mvuKALfEzvzzy5z

Prizes:
2x50$ The cubicle gift cards.
One prize goes to the best submission
One prize goes to the random submission.

Competition ends 10 days from now. on 20.12.2021 20:41 UTC

Garf

WCA
2022TIND01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Inspired by recent development in algs and cubeast I am running a competition to promote good OLL-1 algs and cubeast.com.

The rules are simple:
- post a link to a cubeast solve with CFOP method and OLL-1 as an OLL case.
Only execution time matters, as measured by cubeast. Can be fake scramble but OLL cannot be the first step of the solve. Here is my submission (1.08s) https://cbst.link/s/rDVSux4mvuKALfEzvzzy5z

Prizes:
2x50$ The cubicle gift cards.
One prize goes to the best submission
One prize goes to the random submission.

Competition ends 10 days from now. on 20.12.2021 20:41 UTC
Oh gods... @PaulMills will win for sure.

kubesolver

Premium Member
Yes, cubeast is a timer for smartcubes which at the moment offers some basic data on the solves (like steps timing. exec vs pauses etc.).
So yes - to enter this competition as defined you must a smartcube. is that too high of a bar? Doesn't majority of cubers own a speedcube already?

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
i dont think most own a smartcube. I think video + stackmat timed is sufficient proof, can also use a phone timer in addition for more proof

GenTheThief

WCA
2016GEEN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I personally don't own a smartcube, and I don't have the feeling that a majority of other cubers do.
They tend to be particularly expensive cubes that don't perform at the same level as flagship cubes. I feel like they are often aimed at more beginner cubers who want help analyzing their solves, rather than for raw performance.

I'm not opposed to the idea, I just don't want to spend $50+ dollars on a cube that I won't be able to perform my best on just to race some people online. I believe the analyzation of pauses can certainly be benefician, but I don't need to spend $50 to know that I pause too much.