• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Cube size discussion

MarkA64

What are your size preferences for 3x3 cubes?

Gan has only made 54mm and 56mm cubes. WIthout an in-between, there's a big difference.

Seems like 56mm is more comfortable while 54mm has better performance. I think that's the trade-off when you choose either.

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't care for the size of cubes smaller than 6x6. Performance and feel are far more important to me. But after using a a cube like the hays or spark, older 7x7's feel far too big more my taste. I also wish that 6x6s got just a little bit smaller since my grip on them feels just slightly off. Maybe only .5 or 1 millimeter smaller would make a world of difference for me and quite possibly everyone else

NevEr_QeyX

3x3 sizes are fine but I want bigger 2x2s, the Aosu WR M is the perfect size for me on 4x4. But 5 and up would benefit by a couple millimeter decrease in size IMO.

alexiscubing

WCA
2018HIRS04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I main a 354m and an aosu wrm for 3 and 4 but I am very small for my age (13 and a half and I am about 140) so i just prefer smaller cubes. I think that a 55mm cube would be great because I love the 354 and dislike the size of the x

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel
1mm makes a huge difference when it comes to cubing terms. For 3x3 maybe not so significant, but 5x5 and up it makes a huge difference. I was using a 62 and 63mm 5x5 and to transition to a 61mm cube made centres and 3x3 stage much more satisfying.

Getting into OH and am probably gonna get a new cube for it, what's a good size? I have smallish hands and my 3x3 main is GTS3M, but I feel like the ridges are a problem and the it's a little too big
Most people say that 54mm is good, and it's the smallest size at which you can get a viable speedcube.

WCA
2017OWEN01
For OH I think the cube matters more than the size, I don’t have big hands and I git a 354 in the past beca of this but i prefer other cubes to it. I think the most important thing for OH is having a fast but stable cube. Btw I can average within 10 seconds of my average with a big sail