• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Controversial Cubing Topics

Sion

I think as a designer, the greatest controversy is: Are cubes really getting better, or are preferences just simply changing?

I am pretty sure any cuber far back in 2007 would deem cubes like the GTS2M and Air SM as overly floppy and fast.

Aerma

Premium Member
WCA
2015MANN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think as a designer, the greatest controversy is: Are cubes really getting better, or are preferences just simply changing?

I am pretty sure any cuber far back in 2007 would deem cubes like the GTS2M and Air SM as overly floppy and fast.
But the corner cutting is also much better, pops never happen now on 3x3, and corner twists are very rare.

I'm a very new cuber but I love the gts2m (wouldn't mind an sm)

From what I've seen and heard:
Wca event cubes; timing; method; best brand

Tony Fisher

YouTube
Visit Channel
To @Tony Fisher, @Sajwo, and anyone else that has started or joined in a debate in this thread,

Please respect what @CornerCutter wanted for this thread which is to quote him "Please list what you think they are, but I don't want to start any debates on this thread."

Anyone is more then welcome to list what they think is debatable and if you or anyone does not agree with it for whatever reason then please talk it over either on a different thread or in privet. I do not want to see a thread that someone started for ideas, turn into a debating thread, since I know that @CornerCutter would not want that and that is what he has asked of everyone. To point out the obvious he just wants ideas for his podcast, and he will decide what he wants to add to his podcast for debating.

Thank you very much, and please do not take this as me sounding self-righteous or anything alone those lines. That is/would never be my intention in any way, but I just wanted to remind you both what this thread was designed for.
I felt it necessary to defend myself against such a bizarre attack. Plus I am sure the instruction not to start a debate was with reference to the actual subjects rather than which ones to include. The latter has now been discussed by others and will likely continue as people decide what should be included in such a list.

Gomorrite

Maybe after 1 minute of using it they would, after 5 they might already start changing their mind.