• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Confused with M2+OP parity

szalejot

WCA
2015HERM01
I am solving 3BLD using M2 for edges and OP for corners. I solve corners first.
When parity occurs I try to switch UBL with UBR and then after solved edges I do: M2 y L2 <T-perm> L2.

I see a lot of my DNF are: all cube solved except UBL and UBR which are in place, but not oriented.
I try to visualize problem with example scramble and few first targets:

Scramble: D2 U2 R' L2 D U2 L U D F2 D' L' D' U' L2 U' D2 L R' F' B2 D2 R D2 U' (scramble has parity)
I scramble green front-white top and solve green front-yellow top, so please do z2 after scramble.

Shoots for corners: DBR, FUL, DFL.

Now comes interesting part: I have LBU in buffer. Since this is parity scramble I try to switch UBL with UBR. So my intuition is to switch LBU and RBU.
But when I shoot to RBU UBR is not oriented correctly. Because of this after the solve I have DNF with miss-oriented corner.

What I am doing wrong? How should I solve this scramble?

Username

WCA
2013JOKI01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should solve every corner before worrying about parity, there are still unsolved corners, which means that you need to break into a new cycle. Then, once every other corner is solved you just shoot to UBR to have them swapped

AmazingCuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't know about corners first, but I use OP and M2 with edges first, and if there is parity after the edges I just do: D' L2 D M2 D' L2 D.
I find that way to deal with parity a lot easier, which is one of the reasons I solve edges first.
Also, next time post things like this in the "One Answer BLD Thread".

WCA
2010KOTC01
YouTube
Visit Channel
You should solve every corner before worrying about parity, there are still unsolved corners, which means that you need to break into a new cycle. Then, once every other corner is solved you just shoot to UBR to have them swapped

This.

And after you finish an odd number of total corners, do y (L perm) y'. Edges. Then finish it off with the M2 y L2 (T perm) L2.