• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Comparisions Between Cubes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown.soul

YouTube
Visit Channel
The Cubesmith tiles, are the textured ones better than the smooth ones?
I have not tried Cubesmith tiles yet, but the textured ones give you more grip but makes your fingers sweat more and smooth tiles have some texture. It's a matter of personal preference.
what does "Third model" mean?
Type A Third Model has tabs that should prevent popping, but that makes it pop more. It isn't a good cube (some people have made hybrids with the pieces with great results)
Basically, if you were to buy white D and A cubes right now, where would you buy them? and what ones?
I'd buy from 9spuzzles/Rubikfans on eBay. Both stores have the old Type Ds with the fat screws. White/any other color cubes are smoother than black cubes, but get black if you think other colors would mess up your recognition.

FourForty

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think im going to buy from 9puzzles. cube4you doesn't have the good D cubes from what i can see. The Ebay store doesn't have type A cores, or original version A cubes.

9puzzles has both D and A cubes as well as cores, so i think i will order the following

2x DIYKIT(A) Core
2x NEW DIY Kit 3x3x3 (YUGA) (White)
1x Sky Blue DIYKit 3x3x3 (A) (they didn't have white in stock)

I couldn't link for some reason. so, are those good to buy? or are there better options?

also going to get some smooth tiles from cubesmith.

Last edited:

FourForty

YouTube
Visit Channel
@unknown Soul, That link says "Arrival Notice" where other cubes (Sky Blue) Say "Buy" They don't seem to have any in stock.

@Rubik's Cube Fan, Oh, Thanks. Those auctions didn't seem to specify what type of cubes those were so i just sort of ignored them cause i was looking for specific cubes. thanks for the find.

I still think my best bet is what i posted above. anybody think that's a bad or good choice?

FourForty

YouTube
Visit Channel

shadowclad002

I live in the PHilippines. Are the Chinese brandless cubes sold here type D's? They're very similar to Dian Sheng. mine is brandless and very smooth. I also have a Dian Sheng and a Toys R' Us Rubik's brand.

Abel

Can anyone please post a link with comparision between the A type DIYs, old type, II type and new type third model? thank you

Recommend adding the latest cube on the market:

SlickCube
Pros: Extremely smooth. Considered the fastest cube on the market. High quality cubing.
Cons: Limited places to buy.
Where to buy: SlickCube.com + sometimes ebay.

soccerking813

This is just an idea, but maybe the opening post on the thread should be hugely edited to include almost everything you could ever want to know about each individual cube, such as turn speed, corner cutting, lockups, etc...
Example:
3x3 Chinese DIY Type C
Before lubing:
Turn speed: x/10
Corner cutting: x/10
Lockups: x/10
Popping: x/10

After Lubing:
Turn speed: x/10
Corner cutting: x/10
Lockups: x/10
Popping: x/10

Where to buy: cube4you, etc...

Other Info: Many people use these, etc...

This would be very helpful to beginners who want to learn more about the cubes in general, and would make it easier for people to find this information, rather than having to search through multiple threads to find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.