• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Community Feedback: how can the site improve?

WCA
2023POLL02
Being able to change the title after starting a thread, getting rid of/shortening time needed to get rid of moderator approval, and maybe being able to see the newest/most relevant posts only (this might work by having the user start at the bottom [the most recent posts] and being able to scroll up to see older posts).
You can change titles after starting a thread. You just click on edit or the pen at the stop.

Thom S.

and maybe being able to see the newest/most relevant posts only
Click on the lighning bolt?
It shows you only threads that have been updated since your last visit
Why is it that every thread turns into an argument? Add a new rule:
No excessive arguments
I know you are part of that problem as well. This is a forum, you just make arguments here. It's far more civil than on the social media platforms anyway.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
If it’s not already being done, I’d suggest handing out warnings (or whatever the infraction points system is called; it’s been a while since I’ve read the rules) for unnecessary bumps/necroposts. If the post adds to the conversation or is rightfully reviving a thread, then that’s of course fine, but just pointless spamming (especially now with this idea of “getting the longest bump”) shouldn’t, in my opinion, be allowed.

(and yes, for those who remember it, I was the person who organized the bump war. But I also actively condemned unhelpful posts)

Thom S.

If it’s not already being done, I’d suggest handing out warnings (or whatever the infraction points system is called; it’s been a while since I’ve read the rules) for unnecessary bumps/necroposts. If the post adds to the conversation or is rightfully reviving a thread, then that’s of course fine, but just pointless spamming (especially now with this idea of “getting the longest bump”) shouldn’t, in my opinion, be allowed.

(and yes, for those who remember it, I was the person who organized the bump war. But I also actively condemned unhelpful posts)
I believe a simple "Hey, that post is old my guy, do you really want to post this if it doesn't add to the conversation?" Popup has been in place fir some years(back around that time when Aerma got the longest bump).
Maybe it doesn't work on mobile devices.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
I believe a simple "Hey, that post is old my guy, do you really want to post this if it doesn't add to the conversation?" Popup has been in place fir some years(back around that time when Aerma got the longest bump).
Maybe it doesn't work on mobile devices.

If it does exist, it’s not working very well. I imagine giving out a warning for a couple pointless bumps would end it for the most part.

Also, to be clear, I don’t want to just instantly ban anyone who posts on a thread that’s more than a month old or someone who wanted to talk more abt a discussion started years ago. I just don’t want to see these very old threads revived for no apparent reason. Even a DM’d, “unofficial” warning would be nice