• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

CMOS: New Good Synchronized Cubing Timer

CMOS

On the first page you see after loading CMOS there is a button called "import times from other timers" below the total number of solves. Click that, select one of the two csTimer methods and then follow the instructions there. The imported times will appear on your account a few hours after you submitted them.

CMOS

I think it has to do with the captialisation of your username. You logged in as absoruud when you got the error, but registered as absoRuud. Please try again using the correct username.
There seems to be a bug there still letting you log case-insensitive in but failing to read the data, as it is stored case-sensitive. I will fix it, but this should be enough to get CMOS working again for you.

CMOS

@AbsoRuud It is fixed now, which means you can't log in anymore, if you don't use the 100% correct username. This will prevent the situation, in which the timer did not load, from happening

AbsoRuud

WCA
2019POLL04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Thank you. I logged in and it's working!

I would like to note that when I signed up I typed my username "AbsoRuud" and the site automatically changed it to "absoRuud". So I am guessing you do something automatic that changes the capitalization of the username when registering. Perhaps there's a way to store the username in all lowercase and always convert any and all usernames typed in also to lowercase? That way it doesn't matter how you type it, it will always work. I used to do similar stuff in database programming.

CMOS

@AbsoRuud
I changed it now so that login with any lowercase and uppercase letters is permitted. The username is still stored the exact way you enter it and will be displayed to you that way after logging in, not in lowercase.

brododragon

On my iPhone, I can't delete times when I go into the timelist. The delete button just doesn’t work.

Edit: nvm

Last edited:

SpeedCMOS

I tried to import my sessions from csTimer, but it never imported any solves

Solves from other timers need to be checked manually as the import scripts can't rely on documentation of the used formats I've just done that and the solves should appear now once you (re)load. This is also noted on the page where you select the timer format, but you're not the first to overlook that.

Well, if they have different database types and formats then it'd be fairly hard to automate it, so it kinda makes sense.

Exactly. Every timer has it's own format with the maximum amount of incompatibilities to other ones. My csTimer conversion script works pretty well now after doing quite a few imports with it and correcting what was wrong, so I might change it to do that automatically in the next major update.

I love this timer, however, is it possible to optimise the layout and website for ios devices? If not, that’s ok :).

That's possible, I don't own an ios device so I need to rely on feedback like yours to see if it is good to use there. Could you screenshot the non-optimal part(s) and send me those (here or PM)? I'll then take a look and see what I can improve

Can you add a gear ball?

If you want a scrambler for a gear ball, take a look at the 3x3x3 half turns scrambler. As far as I know that should work as a random moves scrambler.

brododragon

Could you screenshot the non-optimal part(s) and send me those (here or PM)? I'll then take a look and see what I can improve
I have
suggestions for iOS.

1. Can you make the parts that need Y/N confirmation (like this:
6A42C1B1-DB31-44BF-83B2-CA9C19D2CD74.png),
have an alert confirmation (like this:
B90AD5B1-E835-4713-B020-27ECACB0934F.png?

2. Just a small thing, but can you make the buttons change color/brightness when you click then

Also, there is bug where the word 'solve' won't go away. Ex:
6A42C1B1-DB31-44BF-83B2-CA9C19D2CD74.png.
It happens consistently.

Attachments

• D7E8511D-CD2F-4E4A-9BB1-4726CEB0E5BF.png
    D7E8511D-CD2F-4E4A-9BB1-4726CEB0E5BF.png
    103.8 KB · Views: 7

LNBFilms

In Honours Agebra I (Sucks just like Chem) DND!
WCA
2019BATE05
I am curious to see how this turns out. Maybe this has already been said, but could you make an iOS app, please? I have a little C++ knowledge if you need some input!

---------------------------------------
Co-Founder of WeCubeTeam
Lukas Batema

Last edited:

brododragon

I am curious to see how this turns out, could you send me the timer’s link?

Co-Founder of WeCubeTeam
Lukas Batema
The link is in the first line of the original post.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
For csTimer, I had a bunch of sessions for different ways to solve one puzzle(i.e 3x3 with 4 different methods). With the ability to make subsessions, is there an easy way to make them subsessions of a singular session? (so I want a 3x3 session to have a subsession for roux, zz, CFOP, all of the stuff I have multiple sessions for)

Etotheipi

Also, it'd be great if there was a delay on starting the timer, so you have to hold the space bar for a second or so before starting the inspec/solve, because when i went on the site on mobile every time i tapped anywhere the timer would immediatly start.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Cubing Help & Questions 4