• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Bye ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maskow

WCA
2011KOWA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's really hard for me but I'm leaving speedcubing.
I didn't really train since I failed at Polish Open in May, lol (then I broke WR two times, tss, tss, but it didn't work at euro :D)

It's sad because I was a speedcuber only one year (and it was awesome) but I don't feel that it's what I really want to do.
http://worldcubeassociation.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1038 <<< and this is what killed me completely (I have 33 colored dayans xD)
But no, it's not a main reason. To be honest: I still didn't take cubes out of a bag since Euro - this is the main reason.
I will find better place for me, I think that it will be pure "memory sports" because I feel that I'm a mnemonist, not speedcuber. The cubes always were the thing that I hated most in the MBLD. The last thing that I will do with cubes is my performance for semifinal in Polish Got Talent. I don't like it but already it's too late for changes (I have 10 days left in this moment ;))
I know that I was an inspiration for some cubers to do MBLD. I can say only: sorry :( But I hope that you will always remember that MBLD isn't that hard. Human memory is an awesome tool.

Yeah, maybe I will solve cube. Sometimes.
But now I have a clean conscience and I won't be cheating myself longer that I will train hard again.
That's all :) Speedcubing was funny before I started fight for WR.
Now I'm free and happy. Peace and love!

emolover

WCA
2009MAHO01
YouTube
Visit Channel
We are all going to miss you.

You are a very valued speedcuber, blindsolver, and forum member.

If you ever feel like coming back, we will be here and will welcome you with open arms.

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm excited to see you come back.
More seriously, well if that's what you want, then alright... You were an awesome cuber but if you find it fun no more there's no reason to continue unfortunately

WCA
2009SHEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Why does it seem like really good BLD solvers are more likely to quit? It's sad to see you leave, especially since you probably (by your own reckoning) didn't reach your full potential. If/when you ever achieve similarly insanely impressive feats in other memory sports, please drop by and tell us :).

AlexByard

YouTube
Visit Channel
Damn... I do understand though. When i saw this post, man. It's actually upsetting, your the one that inspired me to try BLD. You just exploded. Good luck with the future. I KNOW you will return.

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Take it easy and follow your heart, if it takes you away from cubing then so be it, if later it takes you back, then better :D

Even though I haven even really tried to do BLD yet, you are an inspiration.

I really like the will to improve that you find everywhere in speedcubing, I really do, I like a bit less the pressure the people near the top have, You should be cubing if you like it. Some of you are really awesome, you were awesome at Euros as well as Marcell, same with 5BLD even if he doesn't break WR next week end (No pressure :D) and so are all the people who do this with passion.

Good luck, really. I have a memory training web project that might interest you in the future, I'll keep you posted!

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Goodbye. Shame that I didn't have the chance to get to know you apart from a brief introduction at Euros :p Maybe I will see you in memory sports one day if I ever bring myself to venture that way :)

Yet another BLD solver has quit. I don't believe it is a coincidence at all that this seems to happen a lot.

Marcell

WCA
2007ENDR01
Hey Maskow,
I'm sad to see you quit. Yes, even though this means mines one very serious opponent for me. You are an awesome BLDer, you have inspired and motivated me.
You definitely didn't reach your full potential in BLD cubing, but if you feel like leaving the cubes out of the picture and concentrating purely on memorising, then so be it. I'm convinced that you will be awesome in memory sports if they keep you interested.
And good luck with your tv show!

Yet another BLD solver has quit. I don't believe it is a coincidence at all that this seems to happen a lot.
Well, you of all people should know why this tendency is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.