• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Budget Square-1 comparison

Which of the following is the best budget square-1?

• Cyclone Boys square-1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
WCA
2023FUKU01
WCA
2023FUKU01
I have a cubing classroom square-1, and it pops in every solves. pieces fly far away like a toy gun. The cubing classroom square-1 is a complete trash. However,I don't know why some cubers are using it as their main.

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
I have a cubing classroom square-1, and it pops in every solves. pieces fly far away like a toy gun. The cubing classroom square-1 is a complete trash. However,I don't know why some cubers are using it as their main.
« Cough cough TCKewbs cough »

So my squan came earlier than expected, last night, and I’ve had time to break it in and stuff before telling you all this.

Tl;dr: It’s a fantastic squan that is kinda locky and nice light magnets.

My squan main before this was a qifa. This will become relevant later. Out of the box, it was pretty good. It felt dry and very locky; I couldn’t do parity without 5-7 lockups. This was due to me being used to my qifa, a much slower squan w/o magnets. I put some lube in just to make it feel less dry, and it worked. I did some solves, set it aside, and then did some more. The later solves were better than the first ones and now it feels really nice. Very happy with this purchase. If you don’t have a squan and have the money, get this one. I think a lot of people were complaining about magnet strength because they are so used to their volts with strong magnets. However, I really enjoyed this one, and I think it’s very good!

WCA
2023FUKU01
« Cough cough TCKewbs cough »

So my squan came earlier than expected, last night, and I’ve had time to break it in and stuff before telling you all this.

Tl;dr: It’s a fantastic squan that is kinda locky and nice light magnets.

My squan main before this was a qifa. This will become relevant later. Out of the box, it was pretty good. It felt dry and very locky; I couldn’t do parity without 5-7 lockups. This was due to me being used to my qifa, a much slower squan w/o magnets. I put some lube in just to make it feel less dry, and it worked. I did some solves, set it aside, and then did some more. The later solves were better than the first ones and now it feels really nice. Very happy with this purchase. If you don’t have a squan and have the money, get this one. I think a lot of people were complaining about magnet strength because they are so used to their volts with strong magnets. However, I really enjoyed this one, and I think it’s very good!
Yes that's TCKewbs.
Do you think that the yuxin little magic square-1 is still better than the qifa if it does not have magnets?

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Yes that's TCKewbs.
Do you think that the yuxin little magic square-1 is still better than the qifa if it does not have magnets?
No. The nice thing about the qifa is that it;s controllable naturally, while the YLM is not. However, I do prefer it to a magnetized volt, so if you’re going for the nicest squan possible, go with this one or the cubicle version of the YLM.

E: forgot to mention that I really like the feel of the YLM, a lot more than the qifa

Status
Not open for further replies.