• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Britains Got Talent "Faker"

Thatoneguy2

WCA
2015CHIP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
While people like Maskow who did bld solves for real don't usually do it for recognition, this guy is. The fast people have put tons of practice in to do something that almost nobody else in the world can, while this guy just spent a small amount to time to decieve people to get attention. It seems a bit unfair, although I guess life is unfair too.

Toddyt1

Yes, he is making cubing gain more popularity but HE is also gaining it. He is being praised and being viewed by millions of people online. Don't you think he shouldn't get all this for basically nothing? Yeah yeah he prepared an act it takes courage he put work into it blah blah blah cubing is not a F*cking illusion like magic. Its gotta be real. Magicians master illusion and faking. Not cubers. They practice sitting at home to get better while some other random cuber puts a tiny bit of effort and does a couple of algorithms on 3 cubes on live TV.

This is my solution - Make someone else (you could call the commentators who introduce the contestants, or even make judges do it after kinda doing it yourself as they won't waste time) scramble the puzzles without you looking at the start of your act/ performance,

Cubing is not something that is supposed to be faked like magic and isn't as popular as stuff like WWE that faking it won't matter. The communtiy needs to be presented/ popularised with legit stuff. Otherwise we will have more of those non-cbers saying "hey! you're just following a pattern You are cheating" etc.

You are just following a pattern though. That's what the methods are.

Darja

WCA
2014MAKU02
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's an entertainment show, not a cubing competition. The point is to perform the most entertaining act. It's not entertaining to watch some guy do memo for over a minute. I think that goes without saying. Sure, you can do legit big cube/MBLD if you're Mascow. If you're not in that ballpark, you might as well plan the best act possible with the tools you have. It's not the contestants responsibility to provide a realistic view of cubing. It's to entertain with the motivation of money. While some cubers might not consider revised BLD solves ethical, it can be used to expose more people to cubing.

The acts aren't going to be policed, don't get too uptight.

adimare

WCA
2011MARE02
He really did solve those cubes blindfolded tho. I bet that if you tell a member of the audience that the method he used to do so is different from what's used at competitions they'd still be similarly impressed.

Toddyt1

He really did solve those cubes blindfolded tho. I bet that if you tell a member of the audience that the method he used to do so is different from what's used at competitions they'd still be similarly impressed.
Exactly, he memorised moves instead of normal memorisation technique and solve.

JanW

WCA
2018WANA01
Though would they be equally impressed if you told them he didn't solve three cubes, but solved pretty much the same cube 3 times? Kind of odd that he didn't even bother to rotate the cubes on the table to hide the fact that he was using the same scramble. It wouldn't have been so hard to pick up the second cube with a x rotation. And compared to the effort put in to some other acts on the show, it would not be that much work to memorize three completely different solves either.

Anyway, I don't blame him for taking advantage of the format of the competition. It is what it is, and he does what needs to be done there to get through to the next round. A lot of acts on those talent shows look bad or mediocre at best to those who know more about whatever art they are performing. But since the judges aren't experts in those fields, they are still impressed. It's more about being impressive to the layman than showcasing extraordinary skills.

tx789

WCA
2010HUNT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I question why a Romanian is on Britian's got Talent.

The cheating thing does undermine people who can do it for real. This has been discussed before. However this time the cheating is on Britian got Talent.

Toddyt1

I question why a Romanian is on Britian's got Talent.

The cheating thing does undermine people who can do it for real. This has been discussed before. However this time the cheating is on Britian got Talent.

We should petition to the World Got Talent Association to contract WCA officials to watch over their stinkin competitions. The fakery and cheatery going on here is an outrage that needs to be doused.

You're both being enormously stupid.

Toddyt1

Lets try not to start a feud here.

Haha. Feud over what? The fact that this forum is full of idiots who think it's not prohibitively expensive to have WCA reps (who are volunteers) at talent shows.

Haha the community at this forum is full of idiotic children. Not sure why I started coming back here TBH.

Toddyt1

You clearly don't have much cubing knowledge and aren't very good at speedcubing. Also, you didn't understand what i meant :)

Better than you. You do understand what a pattern is right?

PATTERN: the regular and repeated way in which something happens or is done

Speedcubing methods and other solving methods very much for the definition of pattern.

You're only further proving the perpetual idiocy of the majority of member of this forum.

SpeedCuber71

WCA
2014BHAT09
YouTube
Visit Channel
Better than you. You do understand what a pattern is right?

PATTERN: the regular and repeated way in which something happens or is done

Speedcubing methods and other solving methods very much for the definition of pattern.

You're only further proving the perpetual idiocy of the majority of member of this forum.
Ummm you do realise that i was referring to Non cubers sayig that we follow just a pattern for each scramble and don't actually use our brains/ intuition? I get what you're saying. Of course we follow the same steps for each solve. That is obvious. Try and understand what i meant.

Toddyt1

Ummm you do realise that i was referring to Non cubers sayig that we follow just a pattern for each scramble and don't actually use our brains/ intuition? I get what you're saying. Of course we follow the same steps for each solve. That is obvious. Try and understand what i meant.

Hurr durr. Try and actually understand what things mean

Toddyt1

I don't think I'm being stupid. This topic has been discussed before however since this is on Britain's got Talent, there's more potential people watching it since it's in English. That's all I have to say.

Clearly you don't understand the format of the show. To which it is not there responsibility to make cubing recognised. It's a tiny hobby. If you want recognition go play a major sport or something.