• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Blonk numbers and Center of the Cubieverse

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Distance People
0 1
1 32
2 563
3 4659
4 3757
5 76
none 19
Average:
This average gives Tim Major place 8676 in the Center of the Cubieverse ranklist.

3: Tim Major
MelbourneSummerOpen2010
2: Dene Beardsley
SanFranciscoOpen2009
1: Bob Burton
WC2005
0: Michiel van der Blonk

Probably because I've only been to a comp with mainly Aussies, and most of the Aussies haven't been to other comps before. Dene is my real link, as he's been to the US.

macky

Premium Member
WCA
2003MAKI01
By the way, I'm just curious - who on here has an Erdős number? Knowing the math tendencies of cubers, I can't help believing there are a few. Jessica Fridrich has an Erdős number of 3.

If you want to search, go here.

I wrote a paper last year with someone who has an Erdős number of 4. We sent it off to a journal a while ago, but we haven't heard anything back since...I should go bug them.

anders

WCA
2003LARS01
By the way, I'm just curious - who on here has an Erdős number? Knowing the math tendencies of cubers, I can't help believing there are a few. Jessica Fridrich has an Erdős number of 3.

I wrote a paper last year with someone who has an Erdős number of 4. We sent it off to a journal a while ago, but we haven't heard anything back since...I should go bug them.

Using the link provided by Mike, I find that Lutz Niemeyer has Erdős number 5. I know that Lutz has written papers together with Ivo Gallimberti, and I have had Ivo as co-author. However, his does probably not mean that I have an Erdős number of 7 since our papers are more physics than mathematics.

cuBerBruce

WCA
2006NORS01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Morley Davidson has an Erdős number of 4. (So might I have an Erdős number soon. :) )

cmhardw

Premium Member
WCA
2003HARD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
One of my good friends from High School is working on his Ph.D. in math at Emory and is currently co-authoring and working on a paper that, when submitted for publication, will give him an Erdös number of 2.

o_O

We always knew he would go places in high school, he's just one of those people, but also a really cool guy :)

Chris

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes. Unfortunately just going to a competition seems to be enough to get a Blonk number of 4 or better; if any of the 200-odd people who went to WC03 or WC05 are there, you got 2 immediately. And you can't improve to a 1 unless you can convince Blonk to go to another competition. Sadly I think the Blonk numbers are a fair bit less prestigious than the Erdos numbers :p

WCA
2003BLON01
YouTube
Visit Channel
So what is my Blonk number?

Please tell me, I'm curious. Is it 0?

Anyway, thanks, Stefan. I didn't even know I had bacon in my name, even though I don't really like bacon, but well. It's an honor to finally have something named after me... :D

There's a slight chance I may visit the US (Boston) this year, which would hopefully allow me to go to a current competition somewhere. Hack, maybe someone wants to influence their blonk number so they will organize one when I'm there...

Michiel

Tim Reynolds

Premium Member
WCA
2005REYN01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Anyway, thanks, Stefan. I didn't even know I had bacon in my name, even though I don't really like bacon, but well. It's an honor to finally have something named after me... :D

There's a slight chance I may visit the US (Boston) this year, which would hopefully allow me to go to a current competition somewhere. Hack, maybe someone wants to influence their blonk number so they will organize one when I'm there...

Michiel

When are you visiting Boston? Ron's recent visit to Boston very nicely correlated with MIT Spring 2010. Any chance it'll be on or around November 13?

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Yes, of course :)

There's a slight chance I may visit the US (Boston) this year, which would hopefully allow me to go to a current competition somewhere.
Oh no, you're gonna kill us all! The cubieverse should expand, you're gonna make it collapse!

The US Nationals will be near Boston, maybe we'll both be there and I can strengthen my Blonk value (might make it a weighted graph then, a connection being not distance 1 but 1/numberOfSharedCompetitions).

Last edited:

vcuber13

WCA
2009METH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
heres mine
blonk.png

blonk2.png