Oh wow! What kinds of things in the UI will be changing?I think the search and solve counter would be really useful. I am also prioritising a UI overhaul as the next thing to do. The current UI is a bit bulky and some of the code is a mess. These features can be factored in. Currently, I am starting a full time internship over the next few months, so I don't have as much free time, but I hope to get around to it soon.
That all sounds great! And maybe make the last scramble/next scramble buttons much less bulky xDThanks!
Mainly I'm thinking
- Thinner borders
- Partially transparent elements (e.g see background image under times, similar to scramble) maybe with a subtle blur
- Compacting elements together (e.g no gap between event and session select)
- Flatter style, removing "floating" elements, so they don't appear above the background but sit beside it. Timer has it's own section which frees up more text options
- Update to preferences menu
- More UI options (positioning, size etc) but maybe only light/dark themes
Any opinions are welcome
Sorry but no version supports vista, only 7 and up.Is there any version that I can use for 32win?Please it would help me so much! I use VISTA windows
Is there any way to copy paste scrambles? I want to be able to send my friends my best scrambles over text and I'm really loving the timer but i cannot copy paste scrambles. Much appreciated!Version 0.2.0 is now available!
- ADDED option to use webcam to video record solves, view and save them. (You can only view and save your most recent solve, no videos are saved permanently but you can manually save them, must be enabled in preferences)
- ADDED shortcut ‘Control + R’ to quickly view video of last solve
- ADDED import and export options for Block Keeper sessions and import csTimer sessions
- ADDED tools. Select from...
- Session Trend- Distribution- Event Trend- RESOLVED an issue where using escape to close preferences would leave everything disabled
- RESOLVED an issue where disabled select menus were usable while preferences menu was open
- CHANGED event names to better fit WCA names. This may cause duplicate events. To resolve this (if you can navigate and understand a JSON file), go into puzzles.json (locations stated in user guide http://dallasmcneil.com/projects/blockkeeper/guide) and rename all sessions named NxN to NxNxN (e.g "4x4" to "4x4x4", "3x3 BLD" to "3x3x3 BLD") and remove the other duplicate. Make sure Block Keeper is closed before doing this. If you have any difficulty or don't know how JSON works, send your JSON file to me at [email protected], and I'll resolve it a soon as I can. Apologies for the inconvenience
- POSSIBLE ISSUE where very rarely, sessions are not saved and are lost. Please backup regularly and do not force quit the application
If you see any visual glitches or issues, restart Block Keeper and it should be fixed. This is just a transitional issue due to the above mentioned name changes to events.
As I said early, I'll be away for a week and won't be working on Block Keeper. But I'm still looking for feedback. Thanks again for checking out Block keeper
You can input times with ctrl+T (cmd+T on Mac)Hey really love your program but just wondering if you can add in input times via typing so I can use the scramble on screen and my stackmat. My stackmat sometimes doesn't work with block keeper but still shows a time and works so it would be nice to have a back up option for typing. Thanks.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|How To Improve First Block Part One!||Puzzle Video Gallery||2|
|C||Roux First Block LD Pair or F2L Pair?||Puzzle Theory||3|
|S||Block Building Tips?||Cubing Help & Questions||1|
|2x2x2/2x2x3 Blockbuilding?||Cubing Help & Questions||1|
|Advanced Blockbuilding Examples (2x2x2 block)||Puzzle Video Gallery||1|