• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

BLD FAQ (Do yourself a favor and read this)

M

Malkom

Do you bilingual blinders use easy cases from both languages or stick to one?

Duncan Bannon

Bump.... The tutorial I learned from (JPERM) does edges then corners. He uses R U' R' U' R U R D R' U' R D' R' U2 R' U' for parity (OP btw) does this also work for if I do corners first? Thanks!

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Sorry for the bump, but would anyone like to update the pinned post of this thread, and make it more 2021 relevant. (Noah's post is helpful even today after 7 years, but it will be better if someone adds up recent trends to it)

Adding more beginner's resources and more advanced methods that people have developed over the years.

D

Deleted member 55877

I have a question that probably is dumb. Is it worth it to be y2 color neutral for BLD? Because sometimes I find it annoying to sometimes start with a corner/edge solved in a buffer.

Last edited by a moderator:

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have a question that probably is dumb. Is it worth it to be y2 color neutral for BLD? Because sometimes I find it annoying to sometimes start with a corner/edge solved in a buffer.
Corner/edge being solves should not be annoying. Say if UF/UFR are solved, just shoot them to UL/UBL and continue tracing from there.

y2 tracing can get a bit slower. Believe me, I have tried being orientation neutral in 3BLD multiple times in the past decade and failed. The returns that you get with y2 orientation just to avoid half alg in edge/corner because it is solved is not worth it.

TL;DR it is not worth it, R' U' L' U S' M U' M' S L U R.

kubesolver

Premium Member
I think the advanced way to handle already solved buffer is to be able to use more than one buffer. So if your buffer is solved you start solving from another buffer (also known an floating buffers)

abunickabhi

WCA
2013GHOD01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the advanced way to handle already solved buffer is to be able to use more than one buffer. So if your buffer is solved you start solving from another buffer (also known an floating buffers)
Yes the default to when UF/UFR are solved is to trace from UB/UBR. Both those buffers are fast.

One small to note is that if you are going to get parity on that solve, it is better to start tracing from UF/UFR itself so that you can get good parity, last comm+parity or good LTCT case. So even doing floating buffers is not an ideal choice half of the times.