• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Big order of 4x4s (Need Help)

empoleonin

Hey cubers, a group of my friends want me to order some 4x4's from Amazon.I need to know which one to get. Please reccomend one and give me reasons why I should buy that one.(They are trusting me to get the best.) And remember only ones that are sold on Amazon. Thanks:p

Tall5001

Premium Member
WCA
2011METZ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would be better if you didnt buy from amazon because their cubes are more expensive and not as good. Go to icubemart and get the Shengshou 4x4 Version 3 for just over $10 its the best deal you can get on a amazing 4x4

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think that your best bet for a cheap 4x4 from amazon is the Shengshou 4x4. But, if you can buy from a different store, other than amazon, then I suggest the Shengshou 4x4 Version 3. The difference is that the first one can pop if it's incorrect tensions, and when it pops, it EXPLODES! And when it EXPLODES, it's very hard to put back together. The 3rd version is a different design, made by the same company, so that it doesn't pop. I personally don't have the 3rd version, but it's supposed to be really good! The price is about the same, except that the 3rd version isn't free shipping.

Oh, and if you were wondering, iCubeMart is a VERY trusted seller, so don't worry about that :)

EDIT:
lol, ninja'd

I saw a shengshou on amazon is it the version 3 http://www.amazon.com/Shengshou-4x4...OEZY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312754302&sr=8-1

Btw I saw some of your Youtube vids before, great stuff !

No, this is not the third version

empoleonin

If you had to pick between the Shengshou version 1, Dayan Mf8, Qj, or Yj which one would you pick.

collinbxyz

WCA
2010BURN01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Dayan+Mf8

Nope. If these are beginners (which I assume they are, correct me if I am wrong, though) they don't know how to mod the cube, and COMPLETELY take it apart just to lube it, etc. I think that it takes a lot, but it's amazing once broken in and modded correctly. I suggest shengshou version 1, as long as you (or them) dont loosen it much! If it's loose, then tighten it, but try not to do it the other way around.

You sure? I heard it pops.

This too, unless it's modded and tensioned. I just think it's too much work!

aaronb

The Dayan+Mf8 (from what I've heard) does pop a lot. I have the Shengshou V1, and it would explode until I tightened it, then it got, way to slow and locky. The Qj and Yj, from what I've heard, aren't that good either. I made the mistake of getting the Shengshou V1 so I just ordered the V3, since it is supposed to pop and lock a lot less, so that is what I suggest you get. It is $8 on lightake with free shipping. ( I got it from lightake.)

http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.4x4x4_ShengShou_Spring_Magic_Cube_Black__3rd_Gen_-33526 (Black)
http://lightake.com/detail.do/sku.4x4x4_ShengShou_Spring_Magic_Cube_White__3rd_Gen_-33868 (White)
http://www.icubemart.com/apps/webstore/products/show/2521676 (USA store, but more expensive)

Edit: If you must order from Amazon go with the Dayan if you don't mind figuring out how to mod it and take it apart, or the Shengshou V1, if you don't want to dissassemble, but have a lesser cube.

empoleonin

:eek:Thanks, it looks like the Shengshou Version3 is the best just gotta convince my friends to buy from iCubeMart

aaronb

Wait for the upcoming mini DaYan MF8 ;)
Awesome username btw :p

I get the Shengshou V1 and then in a couple weeks the V3 comes out. I get the V3, and a mini Dayan MF8 is coming out. I sure hope its not as good as the SS V3. Maybe I should stop buying 4x4's until they release the Ultimate Deluxe Automatic Solving 4x4 of Awesomeness, then I'll never need to spend more money on cubes. :p

Last edited: