• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Megaminx comparison

Which of the following is the best megaminx without considering their prices?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
I have magnetized my QiHeng S Megaminx with 5*1.5 in the centres, and 4*2 in the edges. I can't feel the click of the magnets, but magnets help a lot on keeping the megaminx in shape. It is quite heavy though.
How did you magnetize it, could you include pictures? not the appropriate place to ask but i couldnt find any resources specifically for the magnetization of the qiheng s, im afraid i could ruin my puzzle.

WCA
2023FUKU01
How did you magnetize it, could you include pictures? not the appropriate place to ask but i couldnt find any resources specifically for the magnetization of the qiheng s, im afraid i could ruin my puzzle.
It needs 60 of 4*2 magnets and 60 of 5*1.5 magnets. The strength of 5*1.5 magnets are almost the same as 4*2 magnets. 4*2 magnets cannot fit into the centre caps, while 5*1.5 magnets can.
Put 5*1.5 magnets into the centre caps, and put 4*2 magnets into the edges.

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
It needs 60 of 4*2 magnets and 60 of 5*1.5 magnets. The strength of 5*1.5 magnets are almost the same as 4*2 magnets. 4*2 magnets cannot fit into the centre caps, while 5*1.5 magnets can.
Put 5*1.5 magnets into the centre caps, and put 4*2 magnets into the edges.
are the magnets not able to fit into the corners?

D

Deleted member 51076

I'd say it would be probably equal to that of the Qiheng, perhaps worse. I've never used it so don't take my word

I have both and the QiHeng is much better that the Little Magic V2. The only caveat is that if you have to take the puzzles apart, the YLM is easier to put back together.

WCA
2023FUKU01
I'd say it would be probably equal to that of the Qiheng, perhaps worse. I've never used it so don't take my word
I have both and the QiHeng is much better that the Little Magic V2. The only caveat is that if you have to take the puzzles apart, the YLM is easier to put back together.
What makes yuxin little magic v2 megaminx not as good as QiYi Qiheng S Megaminx? I only have the Qiheng S Megaminx and I think it is slow.

Last edited:
WCA
2023FUKU01
Catching was a major problem on the qiyi megaminx, still I firmly believe it is the best budget megaminx, and the best budget option from qiyi
I honestly prefer the turning and magnetic strength on the GAN (I own one). The only problem with it is grip. It has almost a matte finish on the plastic and it lacks ridges which I believe are a massive downfall of the puzzle. However, I still use it as my main on the Galaxy V2M (I have both the sculpted and concave version), MGC Megaminx, and LM
is the yj mgc megaminx an upgrade from the qiyi qiheng SM? my qiyi qiheng SM catches a lot.

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
is the yj mgc megaminx an upgrade from the qiyi qiheng SM? my qiyi qiheng SM catches a lot.
I think the qiheng s is an okay megaminx, its not amazing even for its price. it catches alot and i had to loosen it alot to get the speeds of other flagship megaminxes. the mgc is magnetic i think, which is definitely better than a non-magnetic puzzle, but its been a year since release, so no major cube stores are selling it anymore.

WCA
2023FUKU01
I think the qiheng s is an okay megaminx, its not amazing even for its price. it catches alot and i had to loosen it alot to get the speeds of other flagship megaminxes. the mgc is magnetic i think, which is definitely better than a non-magnetic puzzle, but its been a year since release, so no major cube stores are selling it anymore.
what about magnetizing a yuxin little magic megaminx? should I do that or just get a yj mgc megaminx? are they better than the qiheng s magnetic? or should I wait for the release of the yj yuhu v2m?

Do you think that the yuxin little magic is better than the qiheng?

Lapse.

WCA
2016WYNG01
what about magnetizing a yuxin little magic megaminx? should I do that or just get a yj mgc megaminx? are they better than the qiheng s magnetic?

Do you think that the yuxin little magic is better than the qiheng?
I bought the ylm when it first came out so im not sure if there were more versions after the first, but with my experience i dont think that is a great megaminx as well... it has a very dry and sandy feel as most yuxin cubes have, and the ridges are noticeably more sharp and pointy than the others. It also has a weird ridge pattern. It doesn't corner cut that well, so i went ahead and did a small florian mod just for fun, and the screw on one of the centres got stuck and couldn't come out anymore. It did turn better after the mod but it was not functional anymore.

qiheng megaminx also corner twists alot i swear to god, i dont know why i didnt mention this previously. Maybe its due to my loose tensions but i corner twist on every solve basically, as my fingernails easily catch on the sculpted pieces.

i think qiheng is better than ylm, but if you want to be motivated to practice megaminx probably just get a second hand galaxy or the new galaxy lm, the turning of those megaminxes are much better.

WCA
2023FUKU01
I bought the ylm when it first came out so im not sure if there were more versions after the first, but with my experience i dont think that is a great megaminx as well... it has a very dry and sandy feel as most yuxin cubes have, and the ridges are noticeably more sharp and pointy than the others. It also has a weird ridge pattern. It doesn't corner cut that well, so i went ahead and did a small florian mod just for fun, and the screw on one of the centres got stuck and couldn't come out anymore. It did turn better after the mod but it was not functional anymore.

qiheng megaminx also corner twists alot i swear to god, i dont know why i didnt mention this previously. Maybe its due to my loose tensions but i corner twist on every solve basically, as my fingernails easily catch on the sculpted pieces.

i think qiheng is better than ylm, but if you want to be motivated to practice megaminx probably just get a second hand galaxy or the new galaxy lm, the turning of those megaminxes are much better.
There is a Yuxin little magic v2 megaminx.

Last edited:
WCA
2023FUKU01
I honestly prefer the turning and magnetic strength on the GAN (I own one). The only problem with it is grip. It has almost a matte finish on the plastic and it lacks ridges which I believe are a massive downfall of the puzzle. However, I still use it as my main on the Galaxy V2M (I have both the sculpted and concave version), MGC Megaminx, and LM
Are MGC and V2L M upgrades from the Qiyi Qiheng S Magnetic? If yes, which one is better?

Status
Not open for further replies.