• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Megaminx comparison

Which of the following is the best megaminx without considering their prices?

• Total voters
WCA
2016WYNG01
I have magnetized my QiHeng S Megaminx with 5*1.5 in the centres, and 4*2 in the edges. I can't feel the click of the magnets, but magnets help a lot on keeping the megaminx in shape. It is quite heavy though.
How did you magnetize it, could you include pictures? not the appropriate place to ask but i couldnt find any resources specifically for the magnetization of the qiheng s, im afraid i could ruin my puzzle.

Thread starter #25
How did you magnetize it, could you include pictures? not the appropriate place to ask but i couldnt find any resources specifically for the magnetization of the qiheng s, im afraid i could ruin my puzzle.
It needs 60 of 4*2 magnets and 60 of 5*1.5 magnets. The strength of 5*1.5 magnets are almost the same as 4*2 magnets. 4*2 magnets cannot fit into the centre caps, while 5*1.5 magnets can.
Put 5*1.5 magnets into the centre caps, and put 4*2 magnets into the edges.

WCA
2016WYNG01
It needs 60 of 4*2 magnets and 60 of 5*1.5 magnets. The strength of 5*1.5 magnets are almost the same as 4*2 magnets. 4*2 magnets cannot fit into the centre caps, while 5*1.5 magnets can.
Put 5*1.5 magnets into the centre caps, and put 4*2 magnets into the edges.
are the magnets not able to fit into the corners?