• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Best Cube for Speedcubing

Stefan 2

Hey,

I' d like to make a poll about what type of cube you would suggest for speedcubing.
The 1980's Rubiks?
The 25th Anniversary Cube?
The Rubiks DIY?
It's an old Question i know, but as my actual cube seems to get worse and worse, wich is kinda frustrating, i'd like to know what kind of cubes the real fast cubers use.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
I bought a cheap Wal-Mart cube on eBay, and it worked great. I am now working in a new cube from Wal-Mart. I have heard good/bad things about all types. BTW, you can create a poll, if you'd like. Click on "new poll", and it will create a new post with the poll in it.
Patrick

MasterofRubix

What i did was i switched the centers of my very loose speedcube with my very stiff brand new toys r us cube. the looseness and stiffness balances out and now i have 2 really good speedcube. not too loose but still very fast.

ps: i had to switch the stickers of the centers between the cubes to have matching colors. talk about "plastic" surgery.

DDRKirby(ISQ)

I use an oddzon.

there's also this non-arched one i use that's pretty great, but i dunno where you can get it.

DIYs are real nice too.

i dont like 25th anniversary cubes =(

krnballerzzz

WCA
2006KANG01
1980's pops alot. 25th edition is good once you spend the time getting it right. DIY is the best overall (if it has an arched center). DIY can be tweaked to your style as soon as you build it, althought it takes a bit more time (but so totally worth it). With my new DIY, im in the sub 14-15's.

MasterofRubix

i think 25th is cost efficient and good enough if you have an old speedcube that you cant stand anymore. just switch the centers around.