• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Beginner 3x3 Tutorial (1 alg solution)

Joker

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you could show the moves being done in a slideshow (some example moves on how to make the cross, put the edges in for the second layer, etc.)
But it's a good beginners method.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
I love you :O
Hehe ... Aki's not going to be happy :D

I think you could show the moves being done in a slideshow (some example moves on how to make the cross, put the edges in for the second layer, etc.)
But it's a good beginners method.
Cheers, did you click on the cubes for examples? I'm worried a slideshow will be a lot of work :eek:

You should call this the sexy method
Good choice ... OK :)

Novriil

WCA
2009KRUU01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Turn the top face so that the unsolved position is in the top-front. Do the sexy move once. Now solve the same way as before and the final edges will fall into place.

Somewhy I have a problem on how to do it.. WTF! :D I did it twice and at first I got the same case and then I got the flipped case.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
You might want to explain what to do during the "3x more corners" step when the corner in the bottom layer is solved
Done

Turn the top face so that the unsolved position is in the top-front. Do the sexy move once. Now solve the same way as before and the final edges will fall into place.

Somewhy I have a problem on how to do it.. WTF! :D I did it twice and at first I got the same case and then I got the flipped case.

That is a very good point sir! Tutorial updated... :)

tfray94

i'm confused...when i do the final two edges, the permutation never comes out right.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
(1) E-slice edges are placed before D-layer corners.
(2) Placement of the final 5 corners is broken down into 3+2 with only sexy move used to solve the final two.