• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Baltimore Spring 2010

Will you attend this competition?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Register here:
http://www.worldcubeassociation.org...ration+Form&competitionId=BaltimoreSpring2010

Email me at [email protected] if you want to add BLD

http://bpipolyhedron.homelinux.net/
Baltimore Spring 2010 Competition

The Baltimore Spring 2010 Competition will be held on April 18th 2010 in Banneker Hall at Baltimore Polytechnic Institute (www.bpi.edu).

This competition will follow all regulations of the World Cube Association (www.worldcubeassociation.org). Competitors should be familiar with these rules prior to the competition.

Bob Burton will be the WCA Delegate.

The registration fee for competitors will be $3 for each event. People who are not competing may watch for free.

Contact [email protected] with any questions about the competition. People who plan on competing should register here as soon as possible.

Events

The following events will be held:
3x3x3 Speedsolve
4x4x4 Speedsolve
2x2x2 Speedsolve
3x3x3 One-Handed
3x3x3 BLD
5x5x5 Speedsolve
Pyraminx
3x3x3 Fewest Moves
Magic

Schedule of Events

Main Stage: 10:00 AM: Registration
10:30-11:00 2x2x2 Round 1
11:00-12:00: 3x3x3 One-Handed Round 1
12:00-2:00: 3x3x3 Speedsolve Round 1
2:00-3:00: 4x4x4 Speedsolve Combined Final (Sub-2:00 for average)
3:00-3:30: Pyraminx Final
3:30-4:00: 3x3x3 One-Handed Final (Top 10 from Round 1)
4:00-4:30: Magic Final
4:30-4:45: 2x2x2 Final (Top 10 from Round 1)
3:45-4:00: 3x3x3 Final (Top 10 from Round 1)
5:00: Awards

3x3x3 Fewest Moves will occur between ~12:30 and ~2:00. If you plan to do Fewest moves, be sure to tell the scramblers that you need to be one of the first to do 3x3x3 Speed. There is no designated lunch time; we will order pizza when enough people feel hungry.

Directions

Baltimore Polytechnic Institute is located at 1400 W Cold Spring Lane, Baltimore, MD 21209.

Last edited:

4Chan

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Edit: Oh noes, I'm going to be in Baltimore for my break between March 8-15...
I hate my life right now.

If only I could stay in the area longer.

.-.

It's selfish, but if you could move the date by that, I would be eternally grateful. :)
I'd even give you a cube!~

Last edited:

chris410

I will most likely attend. I will try the 2x2 (recently learned ortega so I need practice), 3x3, and pryaminx.

fanwuq

WCA
2008FANW01
YouTube
Visit Channel
4chan,
It's not possible. Sorry. March 13th is a SAT testing day.

March 20th and 21st are the only possible dates. Does anyone have a preference for one or the other?

If I really have to, I could move it to April 10th, but that means I will not be able to attend and it would be organized by others at my school.

EDIT:
Website link should work now. It contains the same basic text as the above post.

Last edited:

BillB

Premium Member
WCA
2007BERR01
I'd love to go since it's been alomost a year since my last competition. I probably won't register until 2 or 3 days before though.

Bill B

flee135

WCA
2008LEEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Shoot! Finally a competition in Maryland, and now I'm busy! I'll see what I can do to make it. If I do come, is it alright if I show up for maybe a couple hours in the morning and participate in a few rounds? It'd be nice if you could get me to finish my pyraminx round (or any event, for that matter) earlier than 1:00, because I need to be in Catonsville at 1:00. I mostly just want a new pyraminx average. My current one sucks.

Er, if it counts for anything, the day that I am absolutely free for the entire day is April 3. I don't expect any changes in the date to be made though, but just in case you're taking other dates into consideration.

Last edited:

DaBear

boosted....ill be there and ill be doing the 3x3 4x4 and 5x5....maybe 2x2 if i actually buy one and learn to solve it fast.....oh and 20th is best....spring break ends the 21st for me

flee135

WCA
2008LEEF01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Flee,

You can arrive early, do your solves on the side, then leave.
Alright, this sounds very nice. I'm so glad that's not a problem. I'm probably most likely coming in this case, unless something major holds me back on the day of the competition.

EDIT: So I just realized that if it's on March 21st, I can be there the whole day. That would be nice, but I guess I'm alright with the 20th as well. Also, on the 20th, I will not be able to arrive early, so if that means dropping a couple events like 4x4 or 5x5, that's fine too.

I mostly just want a new pyraminx average. My current one sucks.

I love how you're referring to the NAR lol.
Anyway..

Sub 3.68. kthxbai.
Yeah, the NAR average sucks. :p
Your NAR single, on the other hand, will be a challenge to beat with only 5 single attempts.

Last edited:

DaBear

14th is fine....and probably better for me seeing as i have family getting in the following weekend

also when is the 5x5 taking place?....oh and ill be bringing my friend who taught me along too