• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

All WCA puzzles FMC competition!

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I thought it would be an interesting idea to host an FMC competition with every WCA puzzle! I am keeping track of everything on a google sheet that I linked below, and you can submit your solution there! All of the rules and format stuff is there too! This competition will run for a month, but I might extend it if people don't have enough time to do some events they want to do. Let me know if you have any questions!!

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I have only read the title and I’m already full in lol. FMC FTW!

Edit: This is super cool, when will the scrambles be released?

Also if anyone does 7x7 I would be proud lol. It’s sooooo much lol. Time limit of 10.5 hours. Other the other hand, Pyraminx is like 99% luck, but it’s still very fun and I’m doing it.

Edit 2: Aha! There are hyperlinks in the sheet, I didn’t notice that. Then the scrambles are already released today and it’s time to FMC all of this now!

Last edited:

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Imagine making one mistake with 7x7

I'm using alg.cubing, with TipsterTrickster's permission. I don't own a 7x7 so it was kind of my only choice lol

You can use alg.cubing for 7x7 if you want

Ok, done. I'm actually pretty disappointed with the result, but whatever. I'll reveal my entire solve once the comp is over.

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you can use a.c.n for big cubes to check if your solution works, and if parts of it work along the way, ie check if you did centers right or not. I think it’s fair to do it that way due to the nature of it being such a long event, and I really don’t want anyone dnfing an event they spent 5+ hours on by a move or two. Also @ProStar doesn't have a 7x7 and I think using a.c.n in that case is fair.

xyzzy

I think you can use a.c.n for big cubes to check if your solution works, and if parts of it work along the way, ie check if you did centers right or not. I think it’s fair to do it that way due to the nature of it being such a long event, and I really don’t want anyone dnfing an event they spent 5+ hours on by a move or two.
I meant: are we allowed to do most of it on a.c.n to cut scrambling time, or should we use a.c.n only to check but do most of it on pen and paper with physical cubes? (Barring exceptional cases like ProStar not having a physical cube to do it with.)

WCA
2017BRYA06
YouTube
Visit Channel
I meant: are we allowed to do most of it on a.c.n to cut scrambling time, or should we use a.c.n only to check but do most of it on pen and paper with physical cubes? (Barring exceptional cases like ProStar not having a physical cube to do it with.)
Do most of it on pen and paper (or in on the computer in like notepad or something) then use a.c.n to check it.

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results
Do most of it on pen and paper (or in on the computer in like notepad or something) then use a.c.n to check it.

Which puzzles does that apply to? obviously acn only works for NxNs, but are we allowed to check for only 4x4+ or for stuff like 2x2?

xyzzy

Gotcha.

(Also, did a dry run of a 777 solve (with my own scramble) and that ended up being sub-400. Exactly how far below 400, I'll keep as a secret for now. ;))