• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Algorithmic F2L Guide

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
I made this guide to show how to solve F2L agorithmicaly.

It teaches the fundamental F2L cases (R U R' and R U' R') and how to transform the complex cases into the fundamental ones.

Note that it don't show the AUF between the complex and the fundamental cases so you have to have learned the fundamental cases before moving on.

Basically its a guide on the best order to learn F2L.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nbx4s0tg3hn3fho/AAAAup1FdT32KzoVojrQN5oma/f2l2.doc

Have fun

Last edited by a moderator:

Marvin

Just out of curiosity, and I'm asking this as someone who isn't that great at speed solving, why would I insert H1b like that and not U' R' F R F' R U' R' ?
Or K1a with U R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' ?
It seems like some would be faster just by adding an AUF move before, or am I wrong?

Dane man

Wow, that's very nice. I like it. This is a very good reference for those learning intuitive F2L. Good work.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Just out of curiosity, and I'm asking this as someone who isn't that great at speed solving, why would I insert H1b like that and not U' R' F R F' R U' R' ?
Or K1a with U R U' R' U' R U' R' U R U' R' ?
It seems like some would be faster just by adding an AUF move before, or am I wrong?
You first alg is nice on the FR slot but its hard to mirror to the other slots.
For example, U L F' L' F L' U L is not so fingertrick friendly.

There are many ways to solve each f2l pair and your second alg is just one of them.
And you are not wrong.

Wow, that's very nice. I like it. This is a very good reference for those learning intuitive F2L. Good work.

Thank you. It is nice to have feedback after so long time I posted it. :\

Last edited by a moderator:

TDM

WCA
2013MEND03
YouTube
Visit Channel
You first alg is nice on the FR slot but its hard to mirror to the other slots.
How about this alg (setup with R U R' U F' U' F): l F' R U' R' U l'.
The front-back mirror is (setup with L' U' L U' F U F' y2): R' U R' F R F' R.
And of course, you can left/right mirror these for all four slots easily enough. I don't use r' F L' U L U' r though.