• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ACube4x4 question

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I wasn't trying to change notation with "*", just trying to convey a clearer meaning, and for that reason, I will refrain from using it..
Well, okay.

The first thing I thought of when I saw your turn restrictions was Dan Brown's stupid notation. Then I realized you might have meant the Kleene star, or something else altogether. And it was rather ambiguous.

Anyhow, <R, r, U, u, F, f> is enough because they enable moves like r' (=r3), and we're counting in a metric that considers this

I wasn't trying to change notation with "*", just trying to convey a clearer meaning, and for that reason, I will refrain from using it..
Well, okay.

The first thing I thought of when I saw your turn restrictions was Dan Brown's stupid notation. Then I realized you might have meant the Kleene star, or something else altogether. And it was rather ambiguous.

Anyhow, <R, r, U, u, F, f> is enough because they enable moves like r' (=r3), and we're counting in a metric that considers this

OK, fair enough. :) It's time to move on...

I noticed that you have been using "ksolve" to tackle some solutions. I had seen a reference to this awhile ago, but ended up opting out of the download. At the time, I wasn't even sure if it could do anything really useful. I am now reconsidering.

Here is the link that was given:

http://www.svekub.se/files/ksolve.zip

I was going to ask if there were any other links to this program, but after searching, it looks like that might be the only one.

I am in the process of trying to get this to work on my computer right now.

Any tips/pointers on how to get the most out of this program would be sweet.

EDIT: Some .def file examples to look at for 4x4x4 that had some setups like you did for MGLS method?
Do you know approx. how much memory will be required for those pruning tables?

Last edited: