• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A Mobile App For Alg Training And Alg Storing

Caden :)

WCA
2019GREY04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hello everyone! I was thinking about making an app for iOS and Android and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the idea/get some opinions about something. So I noticed that there weren't any good or free cubing apps for mobile that you could use for alg storing and alg training. The app that I want to create would have different sections for each algorithm set. For example, there would be a CMLL section, an OLL section, etc. You could then select individual algorithms from each set or subsections from each section to train with the app's built-in alg trainer. This would basically be combining an alg trainer with algdb and putting it on mobile. I am going to start building this soon and I expect to be able to release it within the coming few months (if there is enough interest).
Currently, I am planning on including algorithm sections for:
- OLL
- PLL
- VLS
- COLL
- CMLL
So I would like you guys to answer a few questions for me,
  1. Would you use this app?
  2. What platform do you use (iOS/Android)?
  3. What alg sets would you like to be included in this app?
  4. What would be a good name for this app?

Thank you, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:

Etotheipi

I would probably use it for when I start learning full CMLL, though that might be a while. I don't have an iOS or Android device, just a windows laptop and a kindle fire, so if you could put it on the amazon appstore that'd be great =D

Hazel

Premium Member
I would really love it if there was a ZBLL trainer for iOS, something like this one: https://bestsiteever.ru/zbll/
Where you could select individual algorithms, but also easily select whole COLL sets or even full OLL sets, and that tests one alg at a time in the selected set so you don't miss any.

WCA
2019GREY04
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would probably use it for when I start learning full CMLL, though that might be a while. I don't have an iOS or Android device, just a windows laptop and a kindle fire, so if you could put it on the amazon appstore that'd be great =D
I don't really know how to program for Amazon devices yet (I assume I can use React Native for the same way I would do it on Android) but I will definitely try!

I would really love it if there was a ZBLL trainer for iOS, something like this one: https://bestsiteever.ru/zbll/
Where you could select individual algorithms, but also easily select whole COLL sets or even full OLL sets, and that tests one alg at a time in the selected set so you don't miss any.
Do you use an Android or iOS device?

The FitnessGram Pacer Test is a multi stage...
Hello everyone! I was thinking about making an app for iOS and Android and I was wondering if I could get some feedback on the idea/get some opinions about something. So I noticed that there weren't any good or free cubing apps for mobile that you could use for alg storing and alg training. The app that I want to create would have different sections for each algorithm set. For example, there would be a CMLL section, an OLL section, etc. You could then select individual algorithms from each set or subsections from each section to train with the app's built-in alg trainer. This would basically be combining an alg trainer with algdb and putting it on mobile. I am going to start building this soon and I expect to be able to release it within the coming few months (if there is enough interest).
- OLL
- PLL
- VLS
- COLL
- CMLL

Thank you, everyone!
I most likely would not use the app. I find it important to be able to drill algs on a trainer and then quickly look other stuff up. With an app, it would take longer and i’d feel bad closing out of it to do something else.

I use iOS.

C

Cubinwitdapizza

- OLL
- PLL
- VLS
- COLL
- CMLL

Thank you, everyone!
nice double thread

WCA
2019GREY04
YouTube
Visit Channel
Good initiative yo. How good are you with coding?
I'd say I'm pretty good. I know a few languages and I've made professional sites before. This would be my first released app but I'm going to be using React Native which is a JavaScript framework and I normally develop web applications so I've gotten pretty good at JavaScript. What about you?

Burrito

WCA
2022SOPK01
YouTube
Visit Channel
- OLL
- PLL
- VLS
- COLL
- CMLL

Thank you, everyone!
IS THERE ZBLL?????????????

GodCubing

bro, this is from 2 years ago. if zblll isnt listed there it wasnt added and at this point it probably wont be. please stop posting in old threads unless you have something to add