• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

A Challenge

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
Ok so I came up with this idea recently after doing an average of 100 I broke all my PB's except single. That has never happened to me before. I realized this could be a cool challenge, you could solve until you have beat all your previous PB's then post how many solves it took as a reply. It would be cool to see who can complete the challenge in the least amount of solves. If you want to give this a try that would be awesome then just post your results. What's cool is you can use any cube but specify which one. Does this seem like a good challenge?

I didn't know which section to put this in so move it to where u think it fits best.

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
The problem is it is way easier to break all your PBs when you have been cubing for less time and/or you are slower.
Yeah you are completely right but I'm not making you do it so for someone fast this would most likely take a while and it would be a cool thing to try but I mean its for who ever wants to do it, although I understand your point

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think it would take well over 10,000 solves for me :p If I could even finish...
You probably would have to do a lot of solves with what you average but if you were to do it you would improve a bit I think but it would be really time consuming. Although for people averaging higher then you maybe like around 20 seconds it would help them improve most likely.

EDIT: keep in mind it doesn't necessarily have to all be done at once.

what about silly things like sq1 single?
and up to what average 12, 100, 1000?

Just don't do it with the silly things. As for up to what average I think 100 would be fine but if you do this challenge and get up to 1000 incorporate that average as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think its only my avg100 PB i could break anytime soon, and I may as well do technique work first then sit down and do it. I dont think solving over and over helps without first training technique. It sorta gives you bad habits.

CarlBrannen

WCA
2013BRAN01
Last night I broke my PB averages for 3, 5, 12 and 100 but didn't get a new single. Don't know when that will happen again, but if I keep up 100 solves per day I think I will steadily improve.

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
I think its only my avg100 PB i could break anytime soon, and I may as well do technique work first then sit down and do it. I dont think solving over and over helps without first training technique. It sorta gives you bad habits.
Would doing slow solves help to train your technique?

JF1zl3

WCA
2013REUS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
haha, luckily last night I did this exact same thing.
Took me 43 solves for my single pb
55 for ao5
54 for ao12

Now this is unusual for me, I never do that good. Last night I was just in the zone.

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
I completed my own challenge after 546 solves.

I broke my single PB 1 time, average of 5 PB five times, my average of 12 PB 4 times, my average of 50 PB 3 times, and my average of 100 PB 4 times.

Final PB's:

Ao5: 20.360

Ao12: 22.037

Ao50: 24.556

Ao100: 24.792

Took about 3 weeks doing a couple solves a day if any.

uvafan

WCA
2012LIFL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I completed my own challenge after 546 solves.

I broke my single PB 1 time, average of 5 PB five times, my average of 12 PB 4 times, my average of 50 PB 3 times, and my average of 100 PB 4 times.

Final PB's:

Ao5: 20.360

Ao12: 22.037

Ao50: 24.556

Ao100: 24.792

Took about 3 weeks doing a couple solves a day if any.
Sig update.

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
Awesome yeah that's pretty successful the most time consuming part was my pb single at the 200 solves mark i broke all my pbs except single it took 300 more to break my pb single

5BLD

WCA
2011LAUA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I got 8 5 second solves today (my PB is 4.80 tho) and i probably only did about 300 in total. But I doubt I'd be able to regularly break PBs as such.

SAICubed

YouTube
Visit Channel
Well I got 8 5 second solves today (my PB is 4.80 tho) and i probably only did about 300 in total. But I doubt I'd be able to regularly break PBs as such.

Yeah that's a good point i think if i did the challenge again it would take a lot longer because breaking a PB every time you do an average doesn't normally happen

Last edited: