• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3x3 V-Cube!

Crosshash

You know, it's fair hating on this because it's going to suck. But there is one thing astonishing about it:

it's the ONLY pillowed 3x3x3 (at least, the only one i've seen). That makes it stand out

Bapao

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
You know, it's fair hating on this because it's going to suck. But there is one thing astonishing about it:

it's the ONLY pillowed 3x3x3 (at least, the only one i've seen). That makes it stand out

Well there's the QJ and the Mefferts as well and they're not that good apparently.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Then who is it? If a none-cuber wants to by a '3x3 twisty puzzle' they'll buy a Rubik's cube because that's the colloquial name.

What if they wanna buy something that is out of the ordinary and doesn't look just like every other cube in the market? I'd say it's something people will buy as a gift or when they see it in stores and go 'oh look that's so cuuuuute!' or something along that line.

luke1984

YouTube
Visit Channel
What if they wanna buy something that is out of the ordinary and doesn't look just like every other cube in the market? I'd say it's something people will buy as a gift or when they see it in stores and go 'oh look that's so cuuuuute!' or something along that line.

I agree, however I have never seen a physical store (in the Netherlands) that sold v-cubes. Also Rubik's is such a well-known brand, people tend to stick with the familiar.

amostay2004

WCA
2009SWEE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I agree, however I have never seen a physical store (in the Netherlands) that sold v-cubes. Also Rubik's is such a well-known brand, people tend to stick with the familiar.

Yea, they're rare, but I don't think they're as rare as you think. I've seen at least 2 stores that sell V-cubes while in Europe. But hey, I'm not their marketing manager, I don't know how they're planning to sell their products, I'm just saying it's not primarily meant for cubers ;P

Also, I'm saying that the purpose for people to buy V3s will be different from those who buy regular Rubik's cubes, so it doesn't matter if Rubik's is the more popular brand.

Carrot

WCA
2008ANDE02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't like it...it's a 3x3, which a lot of cubers didn't really want to be released now, and it's also pillowed.
Come on, V-Cubes! At least make it cubic...

If Meffert's can make pillowed puzzles cubic, why shouldn't Verde be able to it? I don't like V-cubes really :p

luke, amostay: Here ind Denmark you can buy V-cubes everywhere... even my local bookstore sells v-cubes :)

Yuxuibbs

WCA
2011CHEN54
YouTube
Visit Channel
I still haven't seen a physical store that sells V cubes. I just found one that sold Rubik's 3-5 and seriously I think V cubes are just over priced in general and there's no point making a cube that's not competition legal. People can make their own pillowed cubes. Not a lot of people even know about V cubes and it looks like it's probably going to be more expensive than a Rubik's brand and other speed cubes. Most people still think Rubik's is the only company that's allowed to sell cubes and all the other company's cubes are "fake".

benskoning

YouTube
Visit Channel
The annoying this is that they will still make a good amount of money because of non serious cubers. Most noob cubers are loyal to V-cubes because they dont know better and think because most cubes are made in China they suck. If I am correct V-cube is manufactured in China(not 100% of that).
for once I agree with you.