• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 3x3 SpeedBLD Single: 8.483

Coolster01

WCA
2011SBAH01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Skip to 1:40 for the solve.

This solve took me about 1 hour and 20 minutes to memorize, with a 4 hour break somewhere in the middle. No worries, I didn't practice this before because I forced myself to not turn the cube and I have no other 3x3. :p

This was my first try (other than me giving up in a hand scramble after 15 minutes earlier today) with this and I guess it worked out for the best! I used TeamBLD codes to help me memorize the whole thing very easily so I wouldn't pause during the solve.

Reconstruction: F2 U2 F R2 B' R2 B' L2 B2 L2 D2 U F D2 L' F R' B' L2 U2

y2
B' R F L *R'* // Cross
*R* U R2 U' R (back double joint) // F2L #1
U L U' L' R U' R' (opp) // F2L #2
U' y2 R2 U R U' R2 (back free) // F2L #3
R F U R U' R' F' U' R' (bad twist) // F2L #4
Rw' U2 R U R' U' R U R' U Rw (back agreement) // OLL
U2 R U R' U' R' F R2 U' R' U' R U R' F' U (T perm) // PLL

Cube: HuaLong

Last edited by a moderator:

Lucas Garron

Administrator
WCA
2006GARR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
This was my first try (other than me giving up in a hand scramble after 15 minutes earlier today) with this and I guess it worked out for the best!

Congrats! I hope you try more. :)

I don't know team blind codes other than HIJK, but using codes for more advanced cases sounds like a good idea. If you do it often enough, perhaps you could trace code-by-code rather than move-by-move. (I already do this for HIJK, but it only helps moderately.)