• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3x3 2Gen Example Solve Game

EJCubed

U’ R U’ R’ U’ R2 U2 R U2 R2 U R2 U R // Finish F2L via Blockbuilding
U R U2 R' U' R U' R2 U2 R U R' U R’ U' R' U' R U R U R U' R // LL
38 HTM
Next- U R' U R2 U' R U R U' R U2 R U2 R' U R U R2 U R U R' U2 R2 U'

WoowyBaby

WCA
2018ISOM02
YouTube
Visit Channel
U R // Pair
U2 R U' // Pair
R2 // Pair
U2 R // Pair
U' // Pair
R' U' R U R2 // Square
U' // Square
R' // 1x2x3
U' // 1x2x3
R' // Layer
U' // Layer
19 moves

Next: U2 R2 U' R U' R2 U' R U2 R' U2 R' U R U' R2 U R2 U2 R

ProStar

WCA
2020MAHO01
SS Competition Results

Pyjam

Premium Member
Last edited:
WCA
2019HENK01
The rules are similar to the 3x3 example solve game, except the scrambles will be RU or MU 2Gen (you decide). You will do an example solve with the scramble that the previous person provided. After your solve is done, put the next person’s scramble. Again, these can be RU or MU 2Gen scrambles, meaning that the scrambles are all R and U or M and U moves. I’ll start:

Only the scrambles have to be 2GEN

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
Only the scrambles have to be 2GEN
No, the scrambles can be any move sequence, as long as they generate a position which can be solved with either <U,R> OR <M,U>.

For example, take a look at this post. I provided a non-2-gen scramble sequence. Although not 2-gen, it generated a position which can be solved with 2-gen. ch_ts solved it with only <U,R> moves.

As far as the solution, it MUST be 2-gen. It cannot be a mixture of <U,R> and <M,U>. It must be ALL one OR the other. (The one it must be should be obvious except for the positions which can be solved with either one, such as the Z-perm, H-Perm, or U-perms, for example.)

Last edited:
WCA
2019HENK01
No, the scrambles can be any move sequence, as long as it generates a position which can be solved with either <U,R> OR <M,U>.

For example, take a look at this post. I provided a non-2-gen scramble sequence. Although not 2-gen, it generated a position which can be solved with 2-gen. ch_ts solved it with only <U,R> moves.
The rules are similar to the 3x3 example solve game, except the scrambles will be RU or MU 2Gen (you decide).
I just clarified what the person said who started this thread.
I guess you don't have to but that's just what EJCubed explained.

Christopher Mowla

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I just clarified what the person said who started this thread.
I guess you don't have to but that's just what EJCubed explained.
Think about it. If only the scrambles had to be in 2-gen but the solutions didn't have to be, then what would be the point of this thread? (I'll answer that: there would be none.)

And just use context clues. What was the form of the solutions that he provided since the beginning of the thread?