• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

3BLD or 3x3

BLXND

So it's been almost 5 years since I first learned how to solve a rubik's cube and 3 years since I started speed solving. Now, I have been debating for over a year now if what main event should I practice, since I have been slow at both. I have tried learning all big three algs for 3x3 and have been trying to learn 3-style for 3BLD. What do you think guys should I do to overcome this obstacle that has been pondering me for a very, very long time now? Should I practice 3BLD alone or 3x3 alone? Or should I do them both? But how?

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
So it's been almost 5 years since I first learned how to solve a rubik's cube and 3 years since I started speed solving. Now, I have been debating for over a year now if what main event should I practice, since I have been slow at both. I have tried learning all big three algs for 3x3 and have been trying to learn 3-style for 3BLD. What do you think guys should I do to overcome this obstacle that has been pondering me for a very, very long time now? Should I practice 3BLD alone or 3x3 alone? Or should I do them both? But how?
Do whatever you're interested in. If you're not motivated, perhaps it is due to lack of interest? Challenge yourself to practice at least X minutes a day on whatever you want to get better at and you'll end up learning and improving.