• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Unofficial] 3/3 Multi, 1:26 BLD, 55 4x4.

and keeps nasty cases from popping up during edges.

What do you mean by "nasty cases"? Parity ? I've not considered M2 yet but what's different ? With 3 cycles at least you can solve 2 at a time, right ?

Sorry for the double-post, but I don't like making long edits that include adding quotes.

The "nasty cases" refer to FU, BD, and BU for M2. The fast part about M2 is that the setups are very short in comparison to 3-cycle; 3-cycle gets ugly sometimes.

Also, the alg for cycling is faster. Two M2's is faster than a U-perm or other 3-cycle algorithms like M' U2 M U2.

Mike Hughey

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007HUGH01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Alex, he uses M2 + 3 cycle, but he's an idiot and orients before M2.

Why is he an idiot?

It's apparently bad, but I don't listen to people roughly half my speed at BLD. ;)

Dan says he's about 1:30 at home now, so despite his competition times, I doubt he's half your speed (unless you do :45 solves at home). :)

Of course, I'm one to talk, since I'm roughly half of Dan's speed at BLD (at home, at least).

Alex, he uses M2 + 3 cycle, but he's an idiot and orients before M2.

Why is he an idiot?

It's apparently bad, but I don't listen to people roughly half my speed at BLD. ;)

Dan says he's about 1:30 at home now, so despite his competition times, I doubt he's half your speed (unless you do :45 solves at home). :)

Of course, I'm one to talk, since I'm roughly half of Dan's speed at BLD (at home, at least).

Well yeah, I talk to Dan all the time, I know his unofficial stuff. Regardless, he's slower. :)

I've never broken 1min... it's kind of a pre-requisite nowadays for being good at 3x3 BLD. What's consistency?