• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2x2 LBL vs Ortega

WCA
2016KOTR01
I was thinking about the exact same thing just yesterday after I solved in 5 seconds with LBL. I solve the 3x3 in about 30 seconds, so I was thinking that if I can get that fast, the LBL couldn't be that bad on a 2x2. If you don't have time to learn Ortega before a competition, LBL is a good alternative.

There are a lot of PLL skips, but the bad thing is that if you only get one during a competition then it doesn't help your average at all.
If you learn LBL you can easily transition into CLL but learning Ortega wont help you with EG-1 or 2

i feel like this right now lol,just transitioned into ortega and my times went up and now i'm averaging between beginner's and advanced lbl,i might just be method neutral and see how that works

I use lbl and i can fairly easily get sub 5 averages and my record is 1.07 so i would say lbl is good but i use ortega when i have bad layers so i recommend using both if you have a easy layer use lbl if you have a easy side use ortega. Also this should helpl