• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2 look OLL - "chameleon" case

A

andyt1992

to solve this i am currently using the algorithm:
r U R' U' r' F R F

but does anyone know an algorithm that doesnt use F moves, D moves or B moves???

sorry meant OLL, my mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:

PHPJaguar

There's a long 2gen that I know...
R U R' U R U2 R' U2 R' U' R U' R' U2 R
Although personally I find the alg you have to be very fast, so I use it and its inverse for another case.

bwatkins

check the wiki. Theres lots of good information there. The situation your looking for is 24.

A

andyt1992

in the end i've finally decided to stick with the original i posted, i had only just learnt it and it didnt feel "right" but then i practiced memorising it properly e.g. with eyes shut, behind back, fast, slow. if your ever tryna learn an algorithm try it like this,right after you can just about do it normal without screwing up and its in your muscle memory properly. helps me anyway!

miniGOINGS

Once again I fail...

The algs I posted where for a different case. And the original alg that you posted is the one I use for ZZ.

There's a long 2gen that I know...
R U R' U R U2 R' U2 R' U' R U' R' U2 R
Although personally I find the alg you have to be very fast, so I use it and its inverse for another case.

I actually would do (y) R U2 R’ U’ R U’ R2 U2 R U R’ U R. I recog from the (y) angle so for COLL I would use this alg which is shorter.

rubiknewbie

R U' R' U2 R U R' U2 R U R' U R U' R'

I use it for OH. For 2-handed I use 8-move 3-gen.

Last edited:

Innocence

Although your alg is probably faster, the chameleon I use is (Lw' U') (L U) (R U') (Rw' F), from Cubewhiz. Apparently "Alternating hands" is a bad thing. >.<

It's quite a nice alg that I prefer to a pure 2gen one.

Dene

Premium Member
WCA
2009BEAR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I either do it like Sarah, or from the other side I do Lw' U' L U R U' L' U which is the mirror, and which I also happened to learn first.

A

andyt1992

Your alg is the best one available IMO (my fav alg btw).

Try a different one from the wiki or get faster at the one you have.

Yeah i've got the hang of the alg i posted now, it feels really smooth and good.