• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

2-look LS+LL combinations

aronpm

Below is a list of the piece-solving combinations that I could think of for 2-look LS+LL. There is a CFOP list and a ZZ list (which doesn't include EO because it's already done)
Code:
edge+corner eo+co+ep+cp = F2L + 1LLL

edge+corner+eo co+ep+cp = ZBF2L + ZBLL
edge+corner+co eo+ep+cp = WV + COALL
edge+corner+ep eo+co+cp = ? + ?
edge+corner+cp eo+co+ep = ? + ?

edge+corner+eo+co ep+cp = LSOLL(lol) + PLL
edge+corner+ep+cp eo+co = LSPLL(lol) + pure OLL(lol)
edge+corner+eo+ep co+cp = LSELL(lol) + L4C
edge+corner+co+cp eo+ep = LSCLL(lol) + ELL
edge+corner+eo+cp ep+co = ? + 2GLL
edge+corner+co+ep eo+cp = ? + ? 

edge+eo+ep corner+co+cp = ? + ?
edge+eo+co corner+ep+cp = ? + ?

corner+co+cp edge+eo+ep = ? + ?
corner+co+eo edge+ep+cp = ? + ?

with ZZ
edge+corner co+ep+cp = F2L + ZBLL
edge+corner+co ep+cp = WV + PLL
edge+corner+ep co+cp = ? + L4C
edge+corner+cp co+ep = ? + 2GLL

edge+corner+ep+cp co = LSPLL(lol) + CO
edge+corner+co+cp ep = LSCOLL(lol) + EPLL
edge+corner+co+ep cp = ? + CPLL 

edge+ep corner+co+cp = ? + ?
edge+co corner+ep+cp = ? + ?

corner+co+cp edge+ep = ? + ?
corner+co edge+cp+ep = CLS + ?
Combinations such as corner+ep edge+co+cp are missing because solving ep/cp before the edge/corner (respectively) would result in also solving the edge/corner, being equivalent to an earlier combination
Note that it does not include 3-look methods such as MGLS or "JSF2L".

I'm by no means claiming that this is an exhaustive list. If I have any naming mistakes or combinations that should be added please inform me.

As a result, I do not think there exist any valuable 2-look LS+LL methods, and by extension alternative 3-look LS+LL methods (alternative to LS+OLL+PLL or LS+CLL+ELL. LS+OLLCP+EPLL is iffy). The only one which I think is even close to decent is ZZ+WV+PLL, but I don't think that ZZ is worthwhile.

Pyjam

Premium Member
And also : egde+corner+partial_ep + co+ep+cp = F2L with phasing + ZZLL

For F2L with phasing in 1-look, see Nick Vu's method.

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I do not think there exist any valuable 2-look LS+LL methods, and by extension alternative 3-look LS+LL methods (alternative to LS+OLL+PLL or LS+CLL+ELL. LS+OLLCP+EPLL is iffy).

What about Heise or Snyder2?

I never quite understood Heise, but in Snyder2, I like that in the third to last and the second to last step you choose among four different subgoals (choose which LL edge you solve while solving LS, then choose which LL corner you solve while solving LL edges) and can pick the "easiest".

Last edited:

Godmil

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
In Heise you do most of the last layer edges before doing last 5 corners in 2 looks. So 3 looks I think.

Great post Aronpm, I agree completely.

Last edited:

CubeRoots

WCA
2012LIVS01
YouTube
Visit Channel
The only one which I think is even close to decent is ZZ+WV+PLL, but I don't think that ZZ is worthwhile.

ZZ + WV + PLL is what i've switched to from 3 look LL CFOP. But what makes you think that ZZ isn't worthwhile?

I believe Rowe Hessler and others are working on a WV-like thing for OLL during inserting final f2l pair. (called RLS? i dunno). CFOP -> RLS + PLL = ZZ-> WV + PLL?

A way around pursuing ZZ

IAmAPerson

WCA
2015LANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
LS+LL methods?

This didn't really fit anywhere else, but what all LS+LL methods can you think of (even ones that aren't even in use)? Here are some I've thought of:
OLL+PLL
CLL+ELL
VHLS+OCLL+ELL
ZBLS+ZBLL
VLS+PLL
CPEOLL+2GLL
VHLS+CPLL+2GLL
VHLS+COLL+EPLL
WV+CPELL
EPLS+OLLCP

Berd

WCA
2014LONG06
YouTube
Visit Channel
This didn't really fit anywhere else, but what all LS+LL methods can you think of (even ones that aren't even in use)? Here are some I've thought of:
OLL+PLL
CLL+ELL
VHLS+OCLL+ELL
ZBLS+ZBLL
VLS+PLL
CPEOLL+2GLL
VHLS+CPLL+2GLL
VHLS+COLL+EPLL
WV+CPELL
EPLS+OLLCP
What's the difference between VHLS and ZBLS?

rubikmaster

WCA
2011JANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel

VHLS orients LL edges while inserting the last F2L pair. ZBLS orients LL edges while solving the last F2L pair, it doesn't require the the pieces to already be paired up, which is why it has a lot more cases.

Also, here's one more LS+LL combination: LPELL+L4C

Although, algs for full LPELL don't even exist yet. I'm actually planning on publishing them soon.

IAmAPerson

WCA
2015LANE01
YouTube
Visit Channel
ZBLS will solve last slot and last layer EO from any of the possible 50+ F2L cases, but has 400+ algorithms. VHLS is much less algorithmic with only 16 algs + mirrors, but will only work from a U R U' R' or R U R' insertion. I know most of VHLS. Very easy and helpful.

OLL+PLL
CLL+ELL
VHLS+OCLL+ELL
ZBLS+ZBLL
VLS+PLL
CPEOLL+2GLL
VHLS+CPLL+2GLL
VHLS+COLL+EPLL
WV+CPELL
EPLS+OLLCP

Something I use for LS-Corner already placed, but LS-Edge somwhere on U-layer.

1) CLL + 2) Solve F2L-Edge and one LL-Edge + 3) Last 3 Edges
The algs for 2) and 3) are almost the same, and edge 3-cycles (~75%) are pretty fast to execute

If CLL solves an edge, you can replace 2) and 3) with conjugate + ELL (since I don't know full ELL, I don't know if the recognition is doable)

JackJ

WCA
2009JOHN05
YouTube
Visit Channel
Ahem... Anthony Brooks and I indepently came up with one. It's called JJLS, the more usual subset is BLE (Brooks Last Edge) and can be found on Anthony's website. There's also a link in my signature.

ZBLS will solve last slot and last layer EO from any of the possible 50+ F2L cases, but has 400+ algorithms. VHLS is much less algorithmic with only 16 algs + mirrors, but will only work from a U R U' R' or R U R' insertion. I know most of VHLS. Very easy and helpful.

There are only 41 F2L cases.

Also, which one do you think is the best?
ZZ- Phasing + ZZLL
CFOP- VLS/RLS + ZBLL

Last 2 Layers EP5

Ahem... Anthony Brooks and I indepently came up with one. It's called JJLS, the more usual subset is BLE (Brooks Last Edge) and can be found on Anthony's website. There's also a link in my signature.

Hijacking your 1st Step:

1. LS-Corner + EO
2. COLL
3. Last 5 Edges

Last 5 Edges is mostly U-, Z-, H-Perm variations and just 6 new algs (with pretty good recognition)
The LS-Corner+EO Step can also be shortened, bcause ther is no real need to orient the F2L edge - instead use the mirrored Last 5 edges algs.

Attachments

• L2L_EP5_5cycles.pdf
    140.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited: