• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

∞ signs that you've been cubing for too long

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
3380 You treat your cubes as your friends and talk to them, eat with them, sleep with them, go to the toilet with them etc.
o_o

What if I actually do that to get sub-20? I mean I give it discipline when it gets a solve that's over 30 seconds, put it in my Stuffie at night (which is where I put my glasses) practice my Rb/R2 Perms in the one place, and make sure I don't take it to meals because who needs cubes at meals? They'll only get dirty! And then whenever I'm walking my dog, I make sure it doesn't drop...

Guys.

I think this thread actually has a purpose now!

Get ready for it...

I HAVE BEEN CUBING TOO LONG GUYS

I don't think 2 years, 1 month, 3 weeks, 3 days, and 8 3/4 hours is too long though. I mean, Zemdegs has been doing it for 10 years now! But then again...
Waiting until 4:15 AM just so the statement above can be true...
4:14...
And...

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Anyway...
3381 You actually get sub-25 in "Race to Sub-X for 25+ second solvers"
3382 You become the stereotype for someone who has been cubing too long.
3383 You actually put your WCA ID page on here:
3384 You never do reason #3383 because you don't know how to screenshot on MacBook
3385 You look at this meme and you do a facepalm because it's so historically inaccurate (The spell check had to fix the word inaccurate)
3386 It won't drag

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
3387. You have a record. (WR, CR, NR, WB, SR, etc.)
3388. You want to bring this thread back to life.
3389. You make up TR, or Town Record, because CR is already taken.
3390. You actually have a TR.
3391. You have 3.
3392. Of the 2 other people in town, you know which one is the best.
3393. He's twice as good as you.
3394. He takes your 3x3 average record at his 2nd comp.
3395. You want to go to a comp with all the events that he won't go to so you can be better and have 10 TRs.
3396. You find out that you can't.
3397. You realize you're second and not 3rd, so you're happy because you're actually improving at FMC (the key event to improve on).
3398. You still have 2 TRs (3x3 Single and 4x4 Single).
3399. You stop ranting on your placement in the TR rankings.
3400. You make it to 3400, but your global avg is still 35.xx, which is weird because you average 26 typically (true story)

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
ææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææææ
3402. You wonder why Yu did that
3403. You say "Yu" instead of "you"
3404. Yu reach 100 messages on speedsolving.com

TheRubyPiec

3405. You can't live without your cube
3406. You show off to everyone you have a sub-10
3407. You can't do anything except for something that has to do with cubes

PetrusQuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
3413. When you start talking about the old days when Corners First ruled the cubing 3x3 records, and are trying to achieve a sub 1 WR with it to show those CFOP solvers.
3414. (Actually happened to me) Your dad hands you a small white box with chinese words on it, and your first thought is- Did my dad just buy me a Moyu cube?
3415. You remember what the Moyu stickers you used to have on your cube looked like, and the ones here are not the same.

Last edited:

White KB

Premium Member
WCA
2019BRUC01
SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
3416. You end this thread.
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
End this thread!
3418. And you regret/don't regret it
3419. You give up TI-BASIC on your TI-83 Plus so you can make a calculator language that has RuBikX CuBes in it
3420. You actually say RuBikX CuBes in this thread (see 3417)

3424. You start to think that the world is split into two kinds of people: Cubers and Non-cubers.
Hm. Wonder who’s actually THAT obsessed.
Also, bamboo is nice. :D

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
3428, When you spend more time practicing for a competition that is 2 months away than doing the homework that is due tomorrow
3439, When the outcome of the China v Hong kong situation that is the scariest to you is that some cube companies might have to shut down
3440, When you ask a friend that goes on business trips to China to buy speedcubes in bulk right from the manufacturer
3441, When instead of going to a party you stay at home to practice
3442, When your backpack is filled with more cubes than binders and other school supplies
3443, When you accidentally cube until 3 AM because you were not looking at the clock but instead looking at the timer.
3444, When you have a drawer full of spare magnets and extra springs from all the cubes you bought and have no clue what to do with them