• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

ZiiCube

Humble Cuber

YouTube
Visit Channel
Can someone please clarify for me if Ziicube is a legit cube shop and not a scam, and if so how would you rate it. I am okay with long shipping times which is to be expected from ordering really cheap cubes from china.

cuber314159

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Norther...
WCA
2016EVAN06
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can someone please clarify for me if Ziicube is a legit cube shop and not a scam, and if so how would you rate it. I am okay with long shipping times which is to be expected from ordering really cheap cubes from china.
It's a legitimate cube store, stuff arrives but things can take a long time to arrive.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone know where to buy a transparent aolong besides cubezz?

ziicube is not the same as cubezz.
For really old cubes, you probably only have luck at chinese sites like ziicube, cubezz, hknowstore, maybe icubemart. possibly on ebay but doubtful.

Atomixcc

So I saw a post on z cube pricing. I went on there and saw timers for you $6. Is this actually legit?

Atomixcc

So I seen a post on the pricing scheme of this website and googled it. I found ziicube.com. It sold things for $6. Is this actually legit or did I go on a fake one?

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
I've heard many people use this site and it's confirmed to be legit. I'm torn right now. I prepared a very large non-wca and random 2x2/3x3 shopping cart of the same items on both sites. I found that between ziicube and the cubicle, even after a 7% discount code and claiming my cubicle rewards, I could save $51 dollars by buying from ziicube. Yes this is after shipping costs (shippingn would be $78 and is included in these prices). Ziicube = $258 cart. Cubicle $350 cart but 350*0.93*.95=$309 or $51 more expensive after free shipping and discounts. It's a sizeable16.5% savings on my domestic cubicle based order. Is it worth it?!?! Hmmm...

Edit: Just working through my thoughts.
...I've thankfully reached a point in my life that I no longer need to shop 100% based on price. What is the benefit of purchasing from ziicube? The only benefit is that I save $51 but have to wait weeks for my cubes to arrive, a con. But waiting in this case is no problem at all, rather inconsequential. In contrast, I feel the cubicle benefits my local, be it Colorado or US, community. I watch and enjoy their videos often. They sponsor many cubers I enjoy following and find inspiring. The cubicle sponsors competitions that although I have not attended I think adds tremendous value to the community.

An interesting dilemma. The more i think about it I'm not sure the savings are worth it for me. I'm sure it is for some though. Rant/ramble over.

Last edited:

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
I've heard many people use this site and it's confirmed to be legit. I'm torn right now. I prepared a very large non-wca and random 2x2/3x3 shopping cart of the same items on both sites. I found that between ziicube and the cubicle, even after a 7% discount code and claiming my cubicle rewards, I could save $51 dollars by buying from ziicube. Yes this is after shipping costs (shippingn would be $78 and is included in these prices). Ziicube = $258 cart. Cubicle $350 cart but 350*0.93*.95=$309 or $51 more expensive after free shipping and discounts. It's a sizeable16.5% savings on my domestic cubicle based order. Is it worth it?!?! Hmmm...

...I've thankfully reached a point in my life that I no longer need to shop 100% based on price. What is the benefit of purchasing from ziicube? The only benefit is that I save $51 but have to wait weeks for my cubes to arrive, a con. But waiting in this case is no problem at all, rather inconsequential. In contrast, I feel the cubicle benefits my local, be it Colorado or US, community. I watch and enjoy their videos often. They sponsor many cubers I enjoy following and find inspiring. The cubicle sponsors competitions that although I have not attended I think adds tremendous value to the community.

An interesting dilemma. The more i think about it I'm not sure the savings are worth it for me. I'm sure it is for some though. Rant/ramble over.

I agree with you. I think Phil and The Cubicle do a lot for the community but I can't resist getting a good deal so I end up buying from Chinese sites. However I still very much like the lubes and premium Cubicle setup cubes so I still buy those occasionally.

Pyjam

Premium Member
ZiiCube is very safe. I, and many members of the french community, often buy from ZiiCube.
For people from Europe, ZiiCube is a great option as, not only the prices are very attractive, but after you become a VIP they are even better, plus the delivery is about 10 days, and there are no additional taxes.
You get no additional services with ZiiCube. Only great prices and a very good packaging (seriously, they put the American dealers at shame with their packages).

Sure, SCS and the Cubicle offer great services, no doubt, but with longer shipping time (to Europe at least) and with deadly additional taxes. Anyway, if you live in the USA and you prefer to promote the local dealer, you have many good reasons to buy from SCS or the Cubicle.

BenChristman1

WCA
2019CHRI11
SS Competition Results

I personally wish that there were cube manufacturers within the US, so that I wouldn't have to feel like I'm not supporting the US economy. I do order from TheCubicle, though, because that does benefit the US economy as well as, like you said, supports cubers that are inspiring to all of us. I have placed a couple orders at SpeedCubeShop, and the shipping time is about the same for me, occasionally TC is a day faster, but I like the layout of their website more, and I enjoy watching their YouTube videos much more.

EngiNerdBrian

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
For people from Europe, ZiiCube is a great option as, not only the prices are very attractive, but after you become a VIP they are even better, plus the delivery is about 10 days, and there are no additional taxes.
I could see how Ziicube is highly attractive for European buyers. I was playing around with the shipping prices to a few European countries and the $78 shipping to the US was dropping by around 30%-50% and thats some significant savings. It does seem like a highly competitive and great store for many of us.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
Since there is no lack of European speedsolvers, it's a bit sad there is no equivalent to TC or SCS for Europe. I mean not only a domestic retailer but one that sponsors cubers, produces premium cubes, and in general supported the community. Well there's this one Polish company that makes their own lube but it seems speedcubers from Europe will still use TC or SCS premium cubes because they're sponsored.

DNF_Cuber

Since there is no lack of European speedsolvers, it's a bit sad there is no equivalent to TC or SCS for Europe. I mean not only a domestic retailer but one that sponsors cubers, produces premium cubes, and in general supported the community. Well there's this one Polish company that makes their own lube but it seems speedcubers from Europe will still use TC or SCS premium cubes because they're sponsored.
KewbzUK? They sell TC and SCS lubes.