• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Z Perm. Which of these two Algorithms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muesli

Premium Member
WCA
2009SMIT05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I average around 1.5 with MU Z perm, I just don't like the AUF with it. It's opposite whatever it would normally be. For example. U', M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M, you can see the AUF is now off by a U' again, but it's actually not. Doing the alg from this position yields a U off from solved at the end, so to determine auf before PLL, you must use the inverse of what's in your head during the solve.
Just think of the last two moves in the algorithm being U2 and AUF from there.

yogonu

I use
R' U' R2 U R U R' U' R U R U' R U' R' U2

Execution takes 2.84 seconds, suits me.

rubiknewbie

Hello,
I'm learning PLL right now and I'm writing down algorithms in a notebook. I'm copying down Z Perm and there are 2 algorithms. One hard to memorize but easy to do, and the other vise versa.
The First(Hard to Memorize but Fast):U2 (R U R' U)(R' U' R' U)(R U' R' U')R2 U R
Second (Easy to memorize but Slow. It's sorta of like H Perm):M2 U M2 U M' U2 M2 U2 M' U2
I'm wondering if there's another that's easier than the two above?

I use the first though not in this grouping. I also tried the 2nd before, it's not as bad as I thought but M turns need more accuracy.

WCA
2010LECA01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I forgot to say something. I'm practicing Z Perm on my ES 4x4x4 and V Cube 5. Should I go with the one that doesn't have M in it?

Yes. Slices suck on big cubes. People can get really fast at <R,U> Z perms, so there is no shame in using that version. Plus, your tps goes way up and you can show off.

If I'm speedcubing, I'd want less TPS. But if I'm finger-tricking around, hell yes,

Status
Not open for further replies.