• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

What is the best Ua perm algorithm?

A mythical land filled with talking Ducks
WCA
2022MCCO11
I'm pretty serious. Why do you think it's bad?
You always turn the same direction and its 7STM
Also I can do it faster than the one with S moves
It's very unergonomic and u moves are usually bad. U' is so much better than u'

Before we go on an intense argument, lets just move this argument somewhere else.
lol. There isn't anything to debate here, Filipe just asked me why I thought it was bad.

FB Cubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
I use the MU and RUS algs that are in the video, as well as M2 U M' U2 M U M2, depending on the AUF. For “easier” PLLs, such as the U perms and A perms, it is good to know multiple algs to use for different AUFs.
I used to use the M move alg but I have recently switched to the R U alg. Just seeing which is faster for me. :)

tsmosher

It's very unergonomic and u moves are usually bad. U' is so much better than u'
You're right. But then there's M moves vs. u' moves. I think that on a modern magnetic cube, for anyone who has trouble with M moves, u'/u2' are preferable, which tilts the decision toward Filipe's alg. The MCC of both algs is very close and nearly identical.

I use MU if doing it from the back or front. RUS/LUS if doing it from the side. RU if on a very large cube where M slice turns are not practical (something like 9x9+).

alexstore06

My cubing friends think I'm a noob for it but R U for life lol
I average high-30s and get a max tps of 6-7 doing the Ua perm, which is really fast for me
Unfortunately, I also use R U for the Ub perm, which is much slower. I'm probably gonna switch to M U for that one

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
My cubing friends think I'm a noob for it but R U for life lol
I average high-30s and get a max tps of 6-7 doing the Ua perm, which is really fast for me
Unfortunately, I also use R U for the Ub perm, which is much slower. I'm probably gonna switch to M U for that one
Your friends are wrong, RU is actually quite good with good fingertricks...

xyzzy

RUS U perms are bad for OH, but not as bad as you make them out to be. You just need different fingertricks since the one you showed obviously needs two hands to pull off. How I would execute it:
R2 (ring pinky)
U' S' (index; single motion)
(change grip)
U2' (index middle or index index)
(change grip)
S
(change grip)
U' (index)
R2 (ring pinky)

I use the RUS U perms for 2H when I get the bar on left, but I don't (can't) do the swag execution. For R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2 I roll both R2s and double flick the U2 with my left hand.

FB Cubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
RUS U perms are bad for OH, but not as bad as you make them out to be. You just need different fingertricks since the one you showed obviously needs two hands to pull off. How I would execute it:
R2 (ring pinky)
U' S' (index; single motion)
(change grip)
U2' (index middle or index index)
(change grip)
S
(change grip)
U' (index)
R2 (ring pinky)

I use the RUS U perms for 2H when I get the bar on left, but I don't (can't) do the swag execution. For R2 U' S' U2 S U' R2 I roll both R2s and double flick the U2 with my left hand.
Fair enough. Some people would probably be able to do it really fast OH but I feel like it's hard to pull off and really inconsistent.