• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YouCuber argument thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 55877
  • Start date

Choose your favorites

• Total voters

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
I'd like to bring something up that I've noticed about CubeHead's channel recently. Does anyone else feel like he's starting to try to target more of a child audience? I mean, he started with relatively straight to the point videos that were mostly review and challenges, and he still does that content but I see him throwing in more heavily-edited "funny" clips to the videos. Just my observation. What does everyone else think?

Sub1Hour

WCA
2018BECK05
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'd like to bring something up that I've noticed about CubeHead's channel recently. Does anyone else feel like he's starting to try to target more of a child audience? I mean, he started with relatively straight to the point videos that were mostly review and challenges, and he still does that content but I see him throwing in more heavily-edited "funny" clips to the videos. Just my observation. What does everyone else think?
Eh, he uses some strong language in a few of his videos so I’d probably have to disagree. Plus, if your looking for that kind of review content speedcubereview is probably what you’d enjoy

Zain_A24

YouTube
Visit Channel

He seems to be becoming more confident on YouTube. There's probably a lot of pressure on him now to bring something that's entertaining and keeps your attention, so that's what probably explains the jokes/pattern interrupts.

Also, yeesh, I thought this thread died. Guess it's back.

SS Competition Results
YouTube
Visit Channel
Eh, he uses some strong language in a few of his videos so I’d probably have to disagree. Plus, if your looking for that kind of review content speedcubereview is probably what you’d enjoy
yeah he threw some that's what she said jokes in the last vid I saw
don't know if it was targeted to kids

I really like CubeHead, but I do agree that he should cut down on the inappropriate jokes in his videos, which are for sure watched by kids. I feel like he mentions "69" in almost all of his videos which is nor mature nor responsible of him.

My favourite youtuber to watch is actually Z3Cubing. I like his variety of videos on a ton of different aspects of cubing, and I just always find him entertaining.

CodingCuber

WCA
2019HERR14
My favourite youtuber to watch is actually Z3Cubing. I like his variety of videos on a ton of different aspects of cubing, and I just always find him entertaining.
I have to agree with that. He puts so much effort and time into every single video, too. Like seriously, climbing mountains while solving a cube? Destroying massive cubes in slow motion? I feel like he deserves more attention for what he does.

MuaazCubes

Tingman is a good youcuber if you want something entertaining and family-friendly, my favorite video of his is definitely his how to solve a square 1. He explains the algorithms really clearly and makes them easy to understand. It helped me a lot when I wanted to learn how to solve it for the first time. So he's in my #3 spot.Very underated

Last edited:

ruffleduck

YouTube
Visit Channel
Tingman is a good youcuber if you want something entertaining, but family-friendly, my favorite video of his is definitely his how to solve a square 1. He explains the algorithms really clearly and makes them easy to understand. It helped me a lot when I wanted to learn how to solve it for the first time. So he's in my #3 spot.Very underated
I agree that Tingman is great. But 141k subs doesn't imply that he's "underrated"

LBr

WCA
2022FOGG01
j perm isn't overrated AT ALL. he makes the best tutorials and I have him to thank for basically everything i know about cubing
Damn, that labrador always wins me over. Btw J perm isn't the bad guy, he just makes quality content and mostly very good tutorials that basically no one can do as good as him. @Smiles