• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

YouCuber argument thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 55877
  • Start date

Choose your favorites

• Total voters

Nir1213

YouTube
Visit Channel
I tend to put a lot of text into things. When I start writing I usually don't stop until I hit a few thousand words. It's why I started out with written reviews.
JPerm only ever does basic tutorials for things he has basic knowledge on, and advanced tutorials for those he has advanced knowledge on. I think Scapel's main point is how some people refuse to watch content other than that of JPerm. Some people decide that JPerm will become their only source and those are the people that begin to assume things.
well, once you see a jperm vid, you gotta click fast lol
hes just a great youtuber.

WCA
2019HENK01
I tend to put a lot of text into things. When I start writing I usually don't stop until I hit a few thousand words. It's why I started out with written reviews.
JPerm only ever does basic tutorials for things he has basic knowledge on, and advanced tutorials for those he has advanced knowledge on. I think Scapel's main point is how some people refuse to watch content other than that of JPerm. Some people decide that JPerm will become their only source and those are the people that begin to assume things.
Scalpel's main point was that JPerm was talking about things that he didn't understand (Idk if he does now), specifically floating, and therefore spread false information to a very big audience.

E

ExplosiveCubing

Before you tell me "Hexacuber, all YouCubers are good in their own way!", let me point out that this thread is hopefully going to be mostly talking about which YouCubers are best for which subject. For example: we could argue about who has the best unboxing videos, who has the best tutorials/tips for Roux, best BLD channel, etc

have fun ig

Cube Master has the best squan videos. Change my mind

Also J Perm is seriously overrated

edit: Please no self promotion.
Yeah cube master is SOOOO good for squan. JPERM unboxing and reviews are the best, as well as his M2 tutorial.

DNF_Cuber

Scalpel's main point was that JPerm was talking about things that he didn't understand (Idk if he does now), specifically floating, and therefore spread false information to a very big audience.
Oh, I had not seen the vid where he talked about floating. I tend to look toward people for tutorials in a specific area of expertise.(Kian for roux, Jack Cai and Jake Klassen for 3BLD)

Tabe

WCA
2017TABA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Stanley was off-base with his criticism of JPerm. He basically resented that JPerm was presenting simplified versions of stuff and it blew up from there.

ender9994

WCA
2008GROM01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I don't want to say its a maturity issue, but I think part of the problem is that some members don't understand that their opinion of a youtuber doesn't apply to everyone. Just because they don't like their personality, or video topics, or methods, does not mean that others feel the same way.

It is extremely frustrating to be reading a topic and to have people commenting and putting others down or making fun of the YouTuber just so they can try and vomit out their opinion in yet another off topic post.

D

Deleted member 54663

I was just promoting him. I agree, but I would think more people would like him.
The problem is many cubers are new to the world of modding, and there are many more speedsolvers than modders. His content is cool to watch but many will not understand what he is doing. His content is pretty impressive though.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
What I have learned from Nathan Wilson is that "traditional modding" (by cutting and filling existing puzzles) is extremely labor intensive.
If I ever started modding, it would be little things or with 3D printing like Oskar does now.

DNF_Cuber

What I have learned from Nathan Wilson is that "traditional modding" (by cutting and filling existing puzzles) is extremely labor intensive.
eh. it is somewhat labor intensive, but if you have the right power tools it can be less bad. You need to do a lot of hand sanding, but I can zone out and listen to music while I do it, so it's not that bad.

qwr

YouTube
Visit Channel
@hexacuber you forgot the greatest channel of them all: EZCubing

Creator of excellent original content like this that has 12M views

and this

funnily enough one of my favorite Cubing Encoded videos is an old "content cop" when he actually calls out EZCubing
I can't even find the video now but he has become the very thing he swore to destroy

Owen Morrison

WCA
2017MORR06
YouTube
Visit Channel
@hexacuber you forgot the greatest channel of them all: EZCubing

Creator of excellent original content like this that has 12M views

and this

funnily enough one of my favorite Cubing Encoded videos is an old "content cop" when he actually calls out EZCubing
I can't even find the video now but he has become the very thing he swore to destroy
I found this video:

BrodyTheCuber in the comments is asking him to make a Content Cop of EZ Cubing but I couldn't find the content cop. My guess is he deleted it.

TNL Cubing

YouTube
Visit Channel
in this last 10 videos, only 2 of them are for educational purposes :(

Wouldn't you say at least 4-6 of them are? I understand what you mean though.. obviously people can't continue making the exact same content forever. However, i just randomly picked 10 videos from 10 months ago... and only 4-6 of them are strictly educational as well.. Maybe overall it's decreased, and clearly you like his tutorials more than other videos, and that makes sense! I think it's cool he's trying new things and evolving though, especially considering he really can't cover too many more topics.