• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

[Review] YJ SuLong 3x3x3

What do you think of this puzzle?

• Excellent

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Above average

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Average

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Below average

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

BrainOfSweden

Premium Member
YouTube
Visit Channel
This thread is for reviews of the YJ SuLong. You can vote in the poll above, but please only vote if you own this particular puzzle.

When posting your review, please follow a template similar to the one below. Of course, video reviews are also welcome.

Where the puzzle was purchased:
When the puzzle was purchased:
Thoughts on the puzzle:

What are your thoughts of this puzzle? Please vote one of the options above - but please only vote if you own and have used this puzzle extensively!

Last edited by a moderator:

rj

WCA
2015PLAT03
YouTube
Visit Channel
It's an ok puzzle. I like it for practice. The Corner-cutting is good enough. These cubes are hit-or-miss, though. My brother got one too, and his sucks.
Sorry for the bump

Logical101

Where the puzzle was purchased: Zcube.cn
When the puzzle was purchased:About a month ago
Thoughts on the puzzle: the sulong is my main, it has a very nice felling, and my accurateish Turing can take the hit on corrnercuting, the turnig speed is quite slow, yet it is worth a few dollars, even just to have

DAoliHVAR

cool review,its my main also.
you didn't mention corner twists though
have they not happened to you?
for me it seems i get em once every 30-40 solves or smth and sometimes during scrambling

bitflusher

Bought one from e-bay and received it 3 days ago.
It is my first speedcube so no comparison but I like it a lot, except for the colors. Most colors are fluorescent and are not pleasant to look at. anyway, stickers can be replaced.

davidmg90000

Bought one from e-bay and received it 3 days ago.
It is my first speedcube so no comparison but I like it a lot, except for the colors. Most colors are fluorescent and are not pleasant to look at. anyway, stickers can be replaced.
In my opinion I really like the stickers they are diferent from the standard ones and allows for easy recog.

davidmg90000

Where the puzzle was purchased: lightake.com

When the puzzle was purchased: the puzzle was purchased on december 21 of 2013 arrived on January 10 of 2014

Thoughts on the puzzle: is a great puzzle, out of the box it feels fast and a little dry.
before lubrication it corner cuts about a square after lubrication it corner cuts about 45 degree and feels a lot smoother. And I love the stickers they are thick I`ve had for 3 weeks and have done more than 300 solves with it and the stickers have absolutely no imperfections, love the color scheme difenrent from the standard and are easy to recognize during a solve.

bitflusher

In my opinion I really like the stickers they are diferent from the standard ones and allows for easy recog.

Personal prefs ;) At least there are options for everyone with stickers, tiles would be harder.

One thing, while doing a really bad move (something like jamming my finger between layers) I experienced my first corner twist!

davidmg90000

Personal prefs ;) At least there are options for everyone with stickers, tiles would be harder.

One thing, while doing a really bad move (something like jamming my finger between layers) I experienced my first corner twist!

lol you jam your finger where?, that sucks it happened with my old cube all the time and i didnt even noticed until I got to oll.

It haven`t happened with the sulong yet, and I hope it doesnt

idreamincubes

Where the puzzle was purchased
TheCubicle.us

When the puzzle was purchased
January 21, 2014

Thoughts on the puzzle
I bought this cube because I was intrigued by it's simple design and by reviewers calling in smooth. At first I wasn't very impressed with it, but I decided to try to make it as good as I could. This is what I did:

• I filed a bit on those sharp edges on the corner bases. Though I don't know if it makes a difference.
  • Swapped the core, screws and springs for DaYan ones. The DaYan washers were too big, so I kept the ones that came in the SuLong.
  • Lubed the core with 50k and the pieces with 30k. At first I only used 50k, as I usually do, but with all the contact area in this cube, it got sluggish.
  • Tensioned it to satisfaction.

The result is a really nice cube. If I wasn't so picky about cubes being quiet, this would be a favorite.

It corner cuts at the other line-to-line, so about 53 degrees, which is impressing.
Reverse corner cutting is about 3/4 of a cubie.

It takes a bit more force to turn than the top cubes, but it's very controllable. It's pretty smooth, but not as smooth as the Aurora.

It would be cool if someone else would try a DaYan core and hardware in this cube. I didn't play around enough before swapping to know what difference it made.

// Per.​

AvgACuber

Where the puzzle was purchased:Online Buy [Site - flipkart]
When the puzzle was purchased:1 week ago
Thoughts on the puzzle:YJ Sulong is my first speed cube as i m begineer and wanted a cheap but good speed cube... Its worth its price although not the best but Above averge speed cube. Has a coner twisting issue and may pop-up in low tensions

S

Scruggsy13

Where purchased: TheCubicle.us

When purchased: June 2014

Thoughts: Overall a pretty solid cube. Mine is slightly looser than stock tensions, and the puzzle has not popped, although I have had a few corner twists (less than 10). I've lubricated it with CRC and a couple of drops of Maru, done well over 2000 solves on it, and the stock stickers are barely chipping. The turning is smooth, but turning resistance is higher than on other 3x3's, and although it was my main for seven months, I now use it as a warmup cube. It is a good beginner cube. Corner cuts close to 45 degrees and generally does not lock up.