• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

www.twisttheweb.com

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
He estado usando mezclas de pminx para hacer skewb en ttw, pero definitivamente se debería incluir mezclas optimas para éste nuevo evento oficial..
Espero que tengamos alguna actualización próximamente..

Luis

WCA
2009PARE02
That's because the scrambler sucks, it's buggy, and the creator doesn't release any updates.

I guarantee if it was basically multi-user qqtimer more people would use it.
No offense taken. :)

I disagree. The problem with TTW are not the scrambles. The scrambles are fine --there is nothing bad in finding ridiculous solves when playing online with friends. The problem is that TTW should be more social and more (much more!) complex. I can't get involved in such a project, neither I can / want afford it. (Also, why not to mention, a significant --and sad-- percentage of cubers are more concerned in getting faster than in having fun cubing. For those, TTW is not convenient: they can improve much faster cubing in loneliness.)

All in all, I want to announce that Skewb's been just implemented.

Besides, x2 and Pyra scrambles have been set 11-move long. This way, all their permutations are now theoretically reachable... and TTW's scrambles suck a little bit less. :p

kcl

WCA
2013LEJE03
YouTube
Visit Channel

I disagree. The problem with TTW are not the scrambles. The scrambles are fine --there is nothing bad in finding ridiculous solves when playing online with friends. The problem is that TTW should be more social and more (much more!) complex. I can't get involved in such a project, neither I can / want afford it. (Also, why not to mention, a significant --and sad-- percentage of cubers are more concerned in getting faster than in having fun cubing. For those, TTW is not convenient: they can improve much faster cubing in loneliness.)

Besides, x2 and Pyra scrambles have been set 11-move long. This way, all their permutations are now theoretically reachable... and TTW's scrambles suck a little bit less. :p

Can you implement a way of just using the space bar to start like qqtimer? I know you can do it if you hit the inspection time thing, but it's a nuisance to click that every time, especially in a fast event like 2x2. I also know you can hold control and alt or something but that makes it difficult to go back to normal timing haha.

Last edited:

MatejMuzatko

WCA
2013MUAT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Can you implement a way of just using the space bar to start like qqtimer? I know you can do it if you hit the inspection time thing, but it's a nuisance to click that every time, especially in a fast event like 2x2. I also know you can hold control and alt or something but that makes it difficult to go back to normal timing haha.

I think you can press Insert to start inspection, but I am not sure if it solves your problem :)

XTowncuber

WCA
2010BRAD01
YouTube
Visit Channel

I would use TTW far more if the scrambles were not silly. Just saying.

(I think) the problem is that you need the spacebar to type in the chatbox.

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
Was in skype with a few Aussies. We were going to TTW, then remembered scrambles so instead we just copy pasted scrambles from qqtimer into skype.

Trust me, incorporating the WCA scrambler into TTW would make a big difference.

Also, no inspection option/start with spacebar would be a minor change, but big QOL change. Just make it so clicking in the chat box disables the timer.

That's because the scrambler sucks, it's buggy, and the creator doesn't release any updates.

I guarantee if it was basically multi-user qqtimer more people would use it.

A multi-user qqtimer would probably be really fun.

By the way, tried MH3U/MH4?
How did you know I used to be a MH addict? There is no way you remember me from posting on this site over 2 years ago... (Well, you actually could, but I'd be impressed.)

But, I did play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, when it was Japan only on the PSP. That was the last one I played. When they released the American version, there wasn't really an incentive for me to play it all over again in English.
I am now trying to save up money to buy a WiiU, so I can play the new MH. It's sad that I haven't played it in so long, but I've been busy with school. (Just graduated and got my dream job that I specifically went to college for, so hopefully I'll have more time now. Money is way less of an issue now :))

Jaycee

YouTube
Visit Channel
He estado usando mezclas de pminx para hacer skewb en ttw, pero definitivamente se debería incluir mezclas optimas para éste nuevo evento oficial..

Off-topic: As a sophomore in Spanish 3, I'm proud of myself because I know what all of this means.

Stay in school, folks. xD

Tim Major

Platinum Member
WCA
2010MAJO01
How did you know I used to be a MH addict? There is no way you remember me from posting on this site over 2 years ago... (Well, you actually could, but I'd be impressed.)

But, I did play Monster Hunter Portable 3rd, when it was Japan only on the PSP. That was the last one I played. When they released the American version, there wasn't really an incentive for me to play it all over again in English.
I am now trying to save up money to buy a WiiU, so I can play the new MH. It's sad that I haven't played it in so long, but I've been busy with school. (Just graduated and got my dream job that I specifically went to college for, so hopefully I'll have more time now. Money is way less of an issue now :))

Back when I started playing MH3 a few years ago, the board over at gfaqs was just FILLED with your posts. I've played MHFU, MH3 and MH3U, and I assumed you were the same guy :p

TiLiMayor

WCA
2011VARG01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately, most of the Spanish taught in the US is based on Spaniard Spanish textbooks, leaving students very unprepared to handle encounters with Latin American or so called Hispanic people, which accounts for almost all of the Spanish speakers in the US, and perhaps even making the language more challenging to the average student..
Most of the stuff you would learn is useless/obsolete and you definitely will never even figure how to use properly if you don't communicate with a Spanish person on a regular basis, and of course you'll end up with an accent that will become a party trick amongst your Hispanic acquaintances ..

moralsh

WCA
2013MORA02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Unfortunately, most of the Spanish taught in the US is based on Spaniard Spanish textbooks, leaving students very unprepared to handle encounters with Latin American or so called Hispanic people, which accounts for almost all of the Spanish speakers in the US, and perhaps even making the language more challenging to the average student..
Most of the stuff you would learn is useless/obsolete and you definitely will never even figure how to use properly if you don't communicate with a Spanish person on a regular basis, and of course you'll end up with an accent that will become a party trick amongst your Hispanic acquaintances ..

Come on, Latin American spanish is not that different to our own, if anything is just closer to English as it takes a lot of words from it.

Sorry for the off-topic

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I am in Spanish 2, this is what i can understand: ... I use mixtures of the pyraminx for doing the skewb, but definitely ... include optimal method for this new official event ...
Google translate: I've been using mixtures pminx to Skewb in ttw, but definitely should include optimal mixtures for this new official event ..
I hope we get an update soon..
Alright, i am not too ashamed of my translation now. :)

Rocky0701

WCA
2014MCEV01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think the first part means "I've been using pyraminx scrambles to do skewb on TTW, but you should definitely include optimal scrambles for this new official event".
Yeah, that seems like almost exactly what he said. Google translate always screws up peoples phrases :/ The second part just means that he hopes that they update it soon.