• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Would it be possible to make a cube lube at home?

jeromemak

I think always buying lube cost many money,
Would it be possible to make it at home

I would like to know what thing i need when i make,
where to buy the things,how to make

Thx for answering

Sorry that the English is too poor,because i am from hong kong

D

Deleted member 19792

Milking the cow is always the best option.

That is how Maru does it.

Not really

kubisto

Buy a bottle of silicone differential oil. It's the same stuff as the expensive, re-branded cube lubes, but a lot cheaper and lasts longer. Most people buy weight 30k or 50k. 50k is very gummy, 30k is less gummy, I've never tried 10k but I believe it is almost like a liquid. Lower weight means it is less gummy and you need to re-apply more often.

aadencuber

I think always buying lube cost many money,
Would it be possible to make it at home

I would like to know what thing i need when i make,
where to buy the things,how to make

Thx for answering

Sorry that the English is too poor,because i am from hong kong

I live in Hong Kong too! I choose 30k silicone oil, as it's "lighter" Gan 356 air SM and it's not too expensive, and I found a small bottle of one in my house. I'm not sure if it's a common household product, so you might have to buy it.

jronge94

WCA
2014RONG01
I live in Hong Kong too! I choose 30k silicone oil, as it's "lighter" Gan 356 air SM and it's not too expensive, and I found a small bottle of one in my house. I'm not sure if it's a common household product, so you might have to buy it.

This is a topic from 2014 There's been a big evolution in terms of lubes on the market and our knowledge about them, it seems kinda fuitile to revive this topic now