• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Would it be possible to make a cube lube at home?

Thread starter #1
I think always buying lube cost many money,
Would it be possible to make it at home

I would like to know what thing i need when i make,
where to buy the things,how to make

Thx for answering

Sorry that the English is too poor,because i am from hong kong

Buy a bottle of silicone differential oil. It's the same stuff as the expensive, re-branded cube lubes, but a lot cheaper and lasts longer. Most people buy weight 30k or 50k. 50k is very gummy, 30k is less gummy, I've never tried 10k but I believe it is almost like a liquid. Lower weight means it is less gummy and you need to re-apply more often.

I think always buying lube cost many money,
Would it be possible to make it at home

I would like to know what thing i need when i make,
where to buy the things,how to make

Thx for answering

Sorry that the English is too poor,because i am from hong kong
I live in Hong Kong too! I choose 30k silicone oil, as it's "lighter" Gan 356 air SM and it's not too expensive, and I found a small bottle of one in my house. I'm not sure if it's a common household product, so you might have to buy it.

WCA
2014RONG01
I live in Hong Kong too! I choose 30k silicone oil, as it's "lighter" Gan 356 air SM and it's not too expensive, and I found a small bottle of one in my house. I'm not sure if it's a common household product, so you might have to buy it.
This is a topic from 2014 There's been a big evolution in terms of lubes on the market and our knowledge about them, it seems kinda fuitile to revive this topic now

Want to hide this ad and support the community?