• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

World Championship 2015 - São Paulo, Brazil - July 17-19, 2015

WCA
2010CANT02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Complete schedule just got posted.

Both rounds of feet are within the first hour of the competition. What the hell? I'm sick and tired of feet being treated like ****. I thought for sure being in Brazil this year, feet solvers would be given a decent chance to do well and not the worst possible time slot.

Edit: And Clock too.

Last edited:

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
P
Complete schedule just got posted.

Both rounds of feet are within the first hour of the competition. What the hell? I'm sick and tired of feet being treated like ****. I thought for sure being in Brazil this year, feet solvers would be given a decent chance to do well and not the worst possible time slot.

Why does it matter if an event is first or last? Except if you plan to arrive late or hangover....

If you want to warm up just arrive a little earlier?

Wilhelm

WCA
2010KILD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm fine with feet being the first event of the day. Usually you have the less popular events earlier in the day so less people have to get up and be there at that time. Except for big blind I think this spot goes to feet so I'm fine with it being the first event of the day. But having the final right after that is weird and not a very elegant solution in my opinion. What if people are still nervous because of the first round and can't turn properly in the final. Of course this can happen at any given point so it's not the strongest argument but still worth mentioning. Also what I don't like about it being so early in the day is the face that feet is very interesting to watch. I remember at Euro2014 quite a few people gathered to watch the feet final even though it was the last event of the day.
What I also find akward is that the feet and clock final both are being held on early friday and the final is 6x6 on saturday evening. It just feels strange to me.

What I also would like to see which I think I already wrote at some point is a third round of Skewb so that you have a semi-final with 64 people. The Semi-final of Pyraminx is planned with 45 minutes and I see you have a gap on Friday evening at the side stage where Skewb would fit in ;) If there wasn't this gap I would post it again :p

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone else think that this schedule is very crazy, particularly for the all rounders? =/

For example, on Saturday, I think competing in 7x7x7 final and megaminx final in half an hour seems unreasonable to me. There isn't even enough time to warm up I reckon.

kinch2002

Premium Member
WCA
2009SHEP01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Does anyone else think that this schedule is very crazy, particularly for the all rounders? =/

For example, on Saturday, I think competing in 7x7x7 final and megaminx final in half an hour seems unreasonable to me. There isn't even enough time to warm up I reckon.

I don't think it's any more crazy than, say, Euro 2014. We had 15 minutes for finals there. If people do every event I don't think they can expect to be given warm up time, as nothing can happen during that time if they do so, which is inefficient. So you'd have to cut rounds or events.

Robert-Y

WCA
2009YAUR01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Fair enough, I forget that there will be *loads* of help so rounds can be completed faster than in the average competition. But surely some small changes could be made e.g. add 3BLD round 2 along with 3x3x3 round 1 so that there's less pressure on those who are doing 6x6x6 final and 3BLD round 2? We only compete in a small time period during 3x3x3 round 1 (which is 2 hours, 30 minutes long). When we're not competing, we could easily finish 3BLD round 2.

tseitsei

WCA
2012LEHT01
The point is that BOTH rounds are in the first hour of the competition, back to back.

I would understand this argument if for example 4bld and 5bld (or mbld) would be one after the other since you get memory exhaustion and fill up all your locations but I don't see how doing 6 feet solves in a row would be that exhausting/disturbing...

Mollerz

Swag Overlord
WCA
2011MOLL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I would understand this argument if for example 4bld and 5bld (or mbld) would be one after the other since you get memory exhaustion and fill up all your locations but I don't see how doing 6 feet solves in a row would be that exhausting/disturbing...

Also for feet the venue needs to be rearranged which takes time, having one round immediately after the other makes sense. And having it at the start/end of the day makes sense since you aren't time pressured to change the layout more than once whilst competing is occurring.

Wilhelm

WCA
2010KILD02
YouTube
Visit Channel
Also for feet the venue needs to be rearranged which takes time, having one round immediately after the other makes sense. And having it at the start/end of the day makes sense since you aren't time pressured to change the layout more than once whilst competing is occurring.

That's a very good point... haven't thought about that :/

Isaac Lai

WCA
2015LAII01
Worlds started lol http://www.cuber.com.br/worlds/live.php?cat=1&rnd=1 (In seriousness if its just for fun thats all right but if it was done without permission etc. you should manage results more carefully during competition)

It's probably a test, given the nature of the results and also the fact that both are delegates.

EDIT: ok maybe not a test, but it was probably done by the organisers or delegates