• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 40,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wiki Discussion Thread

MistArts

Let me try as well:

Guojia or 国甲 (which google translates to "Country A") you can see it in the logo:

And the website:
www.国甲.com
or
http://www.guojia3.com/

Correct? Something to add?

Yes, 国 is country/nation and 甲 means first/A (or shell).

daniel0731ex

btw i personally don't like having a rating system in the wiki. "Rating" is a very subjective thing, i don't think it's appropriate for an encyclpedia

MistArts

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
btw i personally don't like having a rating system in the wiki. "Rating" is a very subjective thing, i don't think it's appropriate for an encyclpedia

Yes it's subjective, in the same way that many reviews are. However, it represents the cumulative opinion of many which is probably more reliable than the opinion of a single individual. I personally find it useful to have.

Joël

WCA
2004NOOR01
I just wanted to bring this to the attention of those who edit the wiki frequently:

Today I stumbled upon the wiki-page for the ZZ-method, and unless I missed that Zbigniew also came up with EOline, it looks false to me.

The method that Zbigniew (and simultaneously Ron) proposed is described here: http://www.zborowski.republika.pl/expert3x3x3method.html. That page doesn't mention EOline.

As I understood it, others (I don't know who) have develloped the idea of EOline (please correct me if I am wrong), in order to be able to use a ZB-ish method, without too many ZBF2L algs.

P.S.: pjk, I still can't use the wiki when I am logged in to speedsolving :( *cries*

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I think you're wrong Joel.

The page you are linking to contains information on the ZB method alone, so wouldn't contain information about EOLine. ZB was documented and created before ZZ, so it's no surprise that you find no information on it there. ZZ and ZB are really unrelated methods.

However, without a source for initial EOline development by ZZ I cannot back up that idea.

EDIT: Someone who can read polish should check here; http://wayback.archive.org/web/20070815000000*/http://speedcubing.com.pl/nooks_zz.htm

Google translate;

2 zz speedcubing system
This is a total revolution in the sphere of stacking cubes. Forget most everything I ever knew about solving (in terms of these known systems).
The whole thing started in 2004 in Amsterdam during the Official European Championships when Ron (van Bruchem) showed Josef (Jelinek) method of stacking cubes, which are oriented in a first step all (twelve) edges. I only he copied "bacon", but that enough for me. I knew that this approach will be the future speedcubingu.
A characteristic feature of all variants described below is that the problem nieergonomicznych movements leave behind in the initial phase, and we anticipate these movements entirely in preinspekcji. In the following arrange ankle movements restricted to RUL (Class RULDF2B2).
The core of this system looks like this:
The first step is cognizant all twelve edges and at the same time arrange for a place of DF and DB edges (half of the cross).
The second and third step is essentially a position of the left side of F2L (block 2x2x3).
The fourth and fifth step is to substantially complete the first two layers (F2L).
The last step is to complete the last layer.

Looks like he thought up EOLine after seeing Ron do EO before CFOP.

Last edited:

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Hi! I don't usually contribute anything to the wiki, but I noticed that we don't have a good list of parity algs. So I went and found a whole bunch of parity algs on the forum and dumped them here:

http://www.speedsolving.com/wiki/index.php/4x4x4_Parity_Algorithms

Because there are so many and alg.garron seems to be broken for me (not to mention the {{Alg}} template not doing 4x4x4 cases properly afaik), I didn't bother to make it very pretty. If anyone's interested in 4x4 parities, please feel free to heavily reconfigure the page. Just remember to include as many different algorithms as we know - like how the PLL page is structured.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
the wiki is knackered

Code:
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/c/c7/ThomBarlow.jpg/93px-ThomBarlow.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/media/Bitmap.php on line 339

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2176

Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/archive/c/c7/20120508220958!ThomBarlow.jpg" mode 511 in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179

Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2176

Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/archive/c/c7/20120508220513!ThomBarlow.jpg" mode 511 in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179

Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/archive/c/c7/20120508220400!ThomBarlow.jpg" mode 511 in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179

I've had problems uploading or editing files for a while now.

pjk

Administrator
Staff member
WCA
2007KELL02
SS Competition Results
the wiki is knackered

Code:
Warning: imagejpeg() [function.imagejpeg]: Unable to open '/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/c/c7/ThomBarlow.jpg/93px-ThomBarlow.jpg' for writing: Permission denied in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/media/Bitmap.php on line 339

Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/archive/c/c7/20120508220958!ThomBarlow.jpg" mode 511 in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179

Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/archive/c/c7/20120508220513!ThomBarlow.jpg" mode 511 in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179

Warning: wfMkdirParents: failed to mkdir "/home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/images/thumb/archive/c/c7/20120508220400!ThomBarlow.jpg" mode 511 in /home/patjk/public_html/speedsolving/wiki/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 2179

I've had problems uploading or editing files for a while now.
What exactly did you do to get this error so I can try to replicate it? Let me know of all the "problems uploading or editing files" that you've had for a while now.

Kirjava

Colourful
WCA
2006BARL01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Patrick Jameson appears to have stopped certain errors from happening, but I still can't edit this specific file properly.

The various errors were caused by me trying to delete a file or upload a new one. It still doesn't work properly :)