• Welcome to the Speedsolving.com, home of the web's largest puzzle community!
    You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which gives you limited access to join discussions and access our other features.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community of 35,000+ people from around the world today!

If you are already a member, simply login to hide this message and begin participating in the community!

Wiki Discussion Thread

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Not sure I follow. Are you using the Wiki search to find each of these products? If so, then the issue was probably using "Type B" rather than "Type-B". Should be fixed now though ... give it a shot. If you're looking for a page of links to all 3x3's look here. This is a subcategory of Puzzle Hardware..

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I'm trying to post a score on this page, but I cannot make the lines of text to look like this:
Resistance to pops: 10
Resistance to lock ups: 9
Ability to cut corners: 9.5
Speed: 8
Average score: 8
Overall score: A

Weight: 3 ounces Average weight.
Need to break in: No
Feel: Crispy, Quiet
Best Tension: Tight
Lube: The Maru lube.

Help?

qqwref

WCA
2006GOTT01
YouTube
Visit Channel
Not sure I follow. Are you using the Wiki search to find each of these products? If so, then the issue was probably using "Type B" rather than "Type-B". Should be fixed now though ... give it a shot. If you're looking for a page of links to all 3x3's look here. This is a subcategory of Puzzle Hardware..
I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm referring to the links at the start of the Type-B and Type-F paragraphs - they are linking to a c4y search, but neither link actually brings up a list of the cubes it is supposed to.

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
I'm trying to post a score on this page, but I cannot make the lines of text to look like this:

Help?
Wiki text allows the use of some basic html tags, these include <br/> (linebreak). So you can use that as a line break.

On another note. The ratings system on the Wiki was supposed to be 'democratic' in the sense that the ratings displayed are based on community consensus, rather than a single person's opinion. That's why this thread exists, and why the current ratings on the wiki are taken from that. I do appreciate your effort to make ratings, but they would be more useful added to the ratings thread where they can be combined with other ratings.

The current system of using a ratings thread works, but is a bit labour intensive. I think perhaps a ratings wiki extension could be in order to make ratings more 'automatic'.

I have no clue what you're talking about. I'm referring to the links at the start of the Type-B and Type-F paragraphs - they are linking to a c4y search, but neither link actually brings up a list of the cubes it is supposed to.
Oh, I see! These came from pentrixter's original contribution and are eons old. I didn't think to actually check them. They are removed now. I think using a 'where to buy' list is probably better since it allows multiple shops to be linked to, and multiple colours/versions to be linked to. Sorry for the initial confusion. I thought you were referring to the wiki search feature!

you should make a section where people can vote for there favorite cube so newbies and experienced cubers alike can see the most popular cubes so they might buy them and try them out
This is a nice idea, and there have been polls to that effect on the forum itself. The only problem with this is that the 'most popular' cubes are constantly changing over time as new cubes come out, so a system like this would quickly become out of date and not represent current opinion. Currenty (some) cubes are rated individually, based on the results of the cube ratings thread. This is hopefully more informative since it gives a breakdown of opinions on specific characteristics of each cube, which shouldn't really change with the rise and fall in popularity of specific models.

Last edited:

iSpinz

WCA
2010INKJ01
YouTube
Visit Channel

Help?
Wiki text allows the use of some basic html tags, these include <br/> (linebreak). So you can use that as a line break.

On another note. The ratings system on the Wiki was supposed to be 'democratic' in the sense that the ratings displayed are based on community consensus, rather than a single person's opinion. That's why this thread exists, and why the current ratings on the wiki are taken from that. I do appreciate your effort to make ratings, but they would be more useful added to the ratings thread where they can be combined with other ratings.

The current system of using a ratings thread works, but is a bit labour intensive. I think perhaps a ratings wiki extension could be in order to make ratings more 'automatic'.
Should I remove it then?

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
Should I remove it then?
Well, I doubt it'll be very harmful to just keep it there for now, but I'd encourage you to post your ratings in the ratings thread too. I'm maintaining a ratings spreadsheet which calculates averages for each puzzle. Once at least four ratings exist for a specific puzzle a ratings infobox will be added to the wiki, like this.

I hope you don't mind, but if/when there are at least 4 ratings for the Maru, I'll post an infobox with these results. Don't think your information isn't valuable though, its just that everyone information is just as valuable, and aggregating this kind of data gives the best overall picture ;)

EDIT: I've tidied up the formatting a little..

Last edited:

Stefan

WCA
2003POCH01
YouTube
Visit Channel
I intend to do something like that... would like to talk with you about it tomorrow (going to bed now).

daniel0731ex

ok im gonna be spending my day editing the type A page now. be suprised after i finish.

(im literally putting EVERYTHING i could find about this cube in that page, including the history.)

Cride5

Premium Member
WCA
2009RIDE01
ok im gonna be spending my day editing the type A page now. be suprised after i finish.

(im literally putting EVERYTHING i could find about this cube in that page, including the history.)
Great to hear! :) From what I've seen in the forums you clearly have a lot of knowledge on the subject. Do you know what the real name of the manufacturer actually is? It would be nice to have that as the page title rather than "Type-A".

daniel0731ex

Let me try as well:

Guojia or 国甲 (which google translates to "Country A") you can see it in the logo:

And the website:
www.国甲.com
or
http://www.guojia3.com/

Correct? Something to add?

perfect.
but the meaning of the name is something that you need to understand the language to know. i have put the origin of the name in the page, i just need to finish up the last bit before submitting. (i might not finish all the description for all the cube today, but i'll edit them bit by bit later on.)